Who's Staying?

What are you going to do?

• Total voters

dwarf shortage
Website
Visit site
Well someone had to make this poll. I've made it public because I'm assuming that no-one will have any shame in their decision.
It's to get a rough idea of how many are staying here, and how many are moving to Craig's forum. Obviously, this applies to Pandora people only (those active or interested in the Pandora section), because that's the only console Craig covers.

This might come across as a bit childish, but I'm just curious. Tell me if an option is missing. I added the three basic ones.
:)

Edit: Maybe this should be moved to the Pandora section. I know a fair few of them do not read off-topic.

I'm going to be double dating for a while to see what pans out. I'm slightly dubious about the longevity of the new forum. Ultimately I think that whatever gets posted there will find its way here just as quickly anyway, so I don't think anything will be missed. The new forum will probably draw the new users, those that have just discovered the pandora, to it and be the new breeding ground for 'can it do windows 7' threads.

Hey, dingens. I'm a little bit confused to read this name here. Nevermind. What you say about ED is not nice. Even if it's a joke. It's a extremly difficult situation for him. So be gentle....

There is really no need to blame ED. Starting a fight with Craig just because of some forum split could lead to unnecessary complications and the whole project would suffer.

notaz said:
There is really no need to blame ED. Starting a fight with Craig just because of some forum split could lead to unnecessary complications and the whole project would suffer.
+1 EvilDragon doesn't have much of a choice here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that ED's initial idea was quite a good one - an official forum with maybe some FAQ's and a space where people could ask questions which would get cleanly answered so that others could learn.
But things didn't turn out like that. I just don't see how this is good in any way:
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/17-hotfix-4-beta-3-released/
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56266-hotfix-4-beta-3-released/
Duplicate threads. This will continue to happen as long as there are similar forum spaces. Very, very stupid.

Anyway, we can see which gets the more discussion.

quote said:
I thought that ED's initial idea was quite a good one - an official forum with maybe some FAQ's and a space where people could ask questions which would get cleanly answered so that others could learn.
I thought it was an amazing idea as well.

quote said:
Duplicate threads. This will continue to happen as long as there are similar forum spaces. Very, very stupid.

If you only read one forum you will not be bothered with duplicate threads. I will keep an eye on the OP forum, but I doubt it will be as popular as this one.

like with the rest of the internet i have no problem going wherever i need to to find out whatever i need to.

though judging by some of the comments i've seen on here lately, i'll be making myself a tinfoil hat to wear in here just to fit in.

its all a conspiracaaaahhh! onoes!

We need an option "I will stay active here, and occasionally read the other forums but not really be active there." :p

Answered the poll, although it's badly designed (providing reasoning along with the answer). Leaving aside the fact that most people who are "going" wouldn't even read this thread.

My real answer would be: if I started posting regularly again, it would be on the new forum, but I may check in on this place now and then to see if it ever gets back to the way it was a few years back.

<sigh> Whatever dingens posted and deleted about me - I'm probably happy I didn't read it ;)
I really hope he calms down and understands I cannot do much more than I did currently...

Well, I still kinda don't know whether to be happy about the split or not.
I was against it originally... then thought a support forum would be good, but Craig wanted more.

However, at the moment, I don't know.

My honest opinion is: A single person, be it Craig or anyone else, can never split a community. Not simply with new boards.
If the community SPLITS by that - it was split in their hearts before.
And if that is the case, it will probably be good for both sites, as it relaxes the situation and creates a better mood in both places.

We even have some folks who were angry because the Pandora "invaded" these boards.
Those will be happy that Craig is gone - and the mood will lighten up. Also, there were guys who thought you can never criticize anything about the Panndora here because Craig will bash them and the mods will support him.
That's now changed, too.

I've also seen a few of the NEW guys posting at the new boards, who never posted before, because e.g. the old board was too big for them-

What I think is, that both sites will get along together quite well.
Some people will happy here, some will be happy at the new boards. While the community might split here, the mood should be more relaxed and better on both sides - leading to more users to join and post.

Time will tell. And while I still don't know if the split was a good thing, I'm optimistically looking into the future - and will support both sites as good as I can.
I rather have two smaller places full of joy than one big place where people start bickering every so often.

What do you think?

Craigx's Pissdora Confideration Separatist Forums already have created my clone :D LOL
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/2-a-fresh-start/page__view__findpost__p__549

It is also awesome that all retards are self-departing :p

EvilDragon said:
What do you think?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47327-i-dont-know-why-people-keep-believeing-in-the-pissdora/

Back