Who Wants To Play Goldeneye On The Gp2x!

Lobo

I'm a die-hard Doom fan and I hate to see people having problems to run Doom add-on wads(pwads), so in the end, what I did is upload a "pack" with some of the Best TCs on the net, already set up to run with PrBoom on the GP2X.

It weighs in at 23 MB and you can (temporarily) get it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/8c8188/
or here:
http://www.mytempdir.com/1252070

Each TC has it's own icon and .gpe so you just uncompress the entire zip into your Prboom folder on the SD card and you're good to go.

List of Doom Add-ons included:
- Aliens TC
- Batman
- Blood
- Chex Quest TC
- Counter Strike
- FistFull of Doom
- Goldeneye TC
- Trinity
- Zombie TC

Credits:
I accept no credit for any of the add-on wads included in this pack: One or two of the add-ons have been slightly modified by me (mainly just merging wads), plus I did the scripts and got together some icons, but apart from that all I did was collect some of the best Doom wads around and check that they ran on the GP2X!
I have included the original readMe.txt for each one except for the CounterStrike one, which I can't track down.

P.S. If anyone wants to upload this to the archive please feel free.

I'm having a hard time Downloading it. It's kinda hard to explain. If someone uploads it to the archive, could you please tell me?

Lobo posted on Mar 11 2007 at 09:36 PM said:
I'm a die-hard Doom fan and I hate to see people having problems to run Doom add-on wads(pwads), so in the end, what I did is upload a "pack" with some of the Best TCs on the net, already set up to run with PrBoom on the GP2X.

Cool I could never get external wads working withPRboom due to the lack of a wad selector. The scripts never seemed to work for me either.

I clicked on the link but there doesn't seem to be a download link there unless it is buried in all of the ads somewhere and I just don't see it ;)

PS. do you know of a working Simpson's wad? I had that on my GP32 and it doesn't work with this version.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC, Below all the adds, there is a "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" It took me a while to find too hehe...

i have been saying for months how to get these working (( including the simpsons )) and nobody took any notice...i have over a hundred wads working for prdoom....i also said how to get all the beats of rage mods working and yet again no notice was taken.....

heres a link to the top 100 doom wads http://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/

Lobo posted on Mar 11 2007 at 04:36 PM said:

It weighs in at 23 MB and you can (temporarily) get it here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/8c8188/

Each TC has it's own icon and .gpe so you just uncompress the entire zip into your Prboom folder on the SD card and you're good to go.

- Aliens TC
- Batman
- Blood
- Chex Quest TC
- Counter Strike
- FistFull of Doom
- Goldeneye TC
- Trinity
- Zombie TC

Credits:
I accept no credit for any of the add-on wads included in this pack: One or two of the add-ons have been slightly modified by me (mainly just merging wads), plus I did the scripts and got together some icons, but apart from that all I did was collect some of the best Doom wads around and check that they ran on the GP2X!
I have included the original readMe.txt for each one except for the CounterStrike one, which I can't track down.

NO WAY!!!! You have Chex Quest!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!

Shifty posted on Mar 11 2007 at 10:32 PM said:
DaveC, Below all the adds at there is a "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" It took me a while to find too hehe...

Ok thanks,

Edit: Ok I see the other link ;)

You don't have to install anything. You click the "Basic" link, enter the code, and then click "Click here to begin your download".

Does anyone have the Chex Quest 2 WAD? I had it at one point but I lost it... it did exist, really! :p

Lobo posted on Mar 11 2007 at 09:36 PM said:

- Aliens TC
- Batman
- Blood
- Chex Quest TC
- Counter Strike
- FistFull of Doom
- Goldeneye TC
- Trinity
- Zombie TC

Credits:

Good work! Now just need to find doom.wad.

With respect to your Note 2: The CounterStrike addon starts well, but gradually gets slower and slower as you play (possibly due too many dead enemies lying around. Even so, I've included it as there were many people interested in trying this add-on.

I have found that if I remove/rename my timidity directory then it doesn't suffer the slow down

fatdad posted on Mar 12 2007 at 01:51 PM said:
the only 1 i cant get to work is the tomb raider/ doom raider wad....any chance you giving it a try would be appreciated...
Can you give me a direct link? I'll check it out.

Mudi posted on Mar 12 2007 at 06:51 AM said:
Does anyone have the Chex Quest 2 WAD? I had it at one point but I lost it... it did exist, really! :p
The one I included has both ChexQuest 1 and 2 in one wad! Enjoy!

spoyser posted on Mar 12 2007 at 11:35 AM said:
Good work! Now just need to find doom.wad.

With respect to your Note 2: The CounterStrike addon starts well, but gradually gets slower and slower as you play (possibly due too many dead enemies lying around. Even so, I've included it as there were many people interested in trying this add-on.

I have found that if I remove/rename my timidity directory then it doesn't suffer the slow down
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out.

P.S. I'm sure you folks will now be able to do your own scripts if you check out the examples I've included in the pack, but if anyone has any other "must have" Doom add-on, let me know what it is and where it is and I'll try it out.

fatdad posted on Mar 12 2007 at 12:14 AM said:
i have been saying for months how to get these working (( including the simpsons )) and nobody took any notice...i have over a hundred wads working for prdoom...
Don't take it personally man :) I didn't pay any attention because
a) I could already do my own scripts ;)
B) I still cannot find this Counterstrike Doom you need as a launcher (the CS add-on I included in my pack I downloaded from some site to do with mobile phone ports of Doom)

BTW, can you link me to the Simpsons TC you got running? The one I have runs great... until you jump off the ledge on map01, then it crashes.

fatdad posted on Mar 13 2007 at 12:44 AM said:
doom raider link
Only ZDoom beta 47.cab or higher compatible.

counterstrike link
Not signing up to another forum just to be able to DL it, sorry.

dawn of the dead i couldnt get working wright
Didn't try it yet (sounds kinda boring)

army of darkness wont work for me heres the link
Works for me, at least the first map, though I can't figure out how to go on to the next one :(

simpsons link
This doesn't work for me (I get booted back to the menu when I try and load it.)

Thanks for the post! I got all working except AliensTC. No idea why that wont work.

I also downloaded some others and got a few to work.

I think I'll try and upload a pack later.

i got simpsons, acheron, aoddoom1, artifact, at, and av to work

Back