Who Still Uses Their Gp32?

Do you still use your GP32?

• No. I don't own a GP32.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • No. I have a GP32 but it's not usable.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No. Though I do have a working GP32.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
Just wondering if people still use their GP32.

I still have several GP32s and use my faithful BLU for gaming and FLU for developing.
Spout and DrSMS are the games and emulators that I use the most.

I have both a FLU and BLU but voted "No. Though I do have a working GP32." as they are both at home (I'm at University) and they don't really get much use, even when I am back there.

I have a non lit version and I do use it occasionally, but not as much as I would like to. I would like to see some new software come out for it.

Chris

I still use my pencil tricked GP32 Blu most of the time, Mainly for DrMD, GPEngine, LJGP32 and a lot of the great homebrew i am still trying out, That i never got round too in the GP32`s early days, Because of all the emulators coming out.

I also still have my spare GP32 Blu (Non pencil tricked), Safely packed away in its box, Just in case (dread the thought) anything should happen to my tricked one.

Trooper

I use my GP32 FLU all the time, about as frequently as I did years ago. Although these days, the diagonals don't work so I'm limited to games which don't use them.

I use it for all sorts of things, lately for ebooks (FLU is a comfortable screen to read on), but also for emulation (mostly Genesis and gameboy lately).

I skipped getting the GP2X, but my Pandora will largely replace it when it comes (in two months) ;)

Although the Pandora won't be able to play Blue Angelo, which is a shame.

I've actually completely cleaned all my SMC's of emu's and such (as the GP2X beats it in most respects), and I needed the room in order to put every last homebrew GP32 game on them :D I still love that even though I've been around since 2003, I still find a new homebrew game that I like, although it's rare now... I find myself constantly showing people Drunken Arcade Master and Lacuna, amongst others... On that note, I don't think I'll ever figure out where I'm supposed to go in Wanna be wizard now, I've been at a loss as to where to go for about a year :p

LGP32 most of the times, DrMD some other times.

I use mine much more than the 2x which is mostly used to play Neo Drift.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 19 2009 at 05:36 PM said:
The Wiz is the next GPH console and is part of the GP2X line, that's why they call it the GP2X Wiz.
Pencil-mod ftw :)

I orderded a SMC-XD adapter from DX 3 weeks ago, still waiting for the damned thing to ship (!!)

Once I get it, I'll report if XD's actually work in there (ie: a 1GB XD get clipped to 128MB or not?).. if it works, I'll use the GP32 a bit :) It was a comfy unit to hold.

IF not, its back into the archive box .. mine kills SMCs within 10 mins of being turned on, and they're too expensive to replace.

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing with it a lot again recently (after a long hiatus) and I still love that clicky joystick... must be all those years using a Competition Pro.

John

Now that I think about it, I should've voted that its un-usable, because the main reason I don't use it is the joystick is broken, and constantly pushes to the left, and I have to hold it off center for it not to do so.....

I remember the days of putting the stupid peice of paper in the controller so that it would work correctly....and even then you had to open it up to re-arrange it.....so that it would work again. I think when I got the gp2x, and all the emulators were ported over, I just gave up.

Thing really was ahead of its time though for a device so small.....

DSR

I still take my non lit GP32 on holiday as you can see the screen clearly in direct sunlight. I've lost count of the number of times I've taken it apart to stick bits of card, foil, electrical tape onto the joystick to keep the diagonals working but they still just about do.

I tend to play old speccy games, using the save function so I'm actually able to complete them (well some of them) :D

I've sold my GP2x, and I'm mostly playing with the NDS (with a flashcard, that is = hundreds of quality titles). But sometimes, I take out the ol' GP32 to play a good round of Pokemon Prism :D

the gp32 (nlu) is the only Handheld i can play outside in Direct sunlight. So i use it very often more than gp2x, psp... zodiac was not so bad in direct sun but gp32 nlu is awesome.

i played lgp32 and drmd, fgb32 all modded to 200mhz, my gp32 run at 200mhz, so sonic with drmd is 60fps most of time.

i dream of a Wiz with 3.5 screen size and no light edition, so i can play snes outside in direct sun ;)

I recently dug my BLU out and was sad to see the L button died. I know how to fix it but I'm too lazy right now. Funny how awful the screen seems now after owning a DS Lite and PSP for a few years. The BLU screen seemed so nice back in the day.

Prophet posted on May 22 2009 at 09:38 PM said:
I recently dug my BLU out and was sad to see the L button died. I know how to fix it but I'm too lazy right now. Funny how awful the screen seems now after owning a DS Lite and PSP for a few years. The BLU screen seemed so nice back in the day.
I'd say my BLUs screen looks nicer than my DS screens, especially with the plastic cover(yellow tint) replaced with glass.

The last two months I have been going back and playing with my GP32 again. What struck me first, when I pulled it out, was the large screen. I had forgotten how big it is. Mainly use it for DrMD and GPEngine. I wished Noiz2sa was more optimized for it and ran smoothly. I have a BLU and FLU, and mainly use the BLU.

dsraa posted on May 20 2009 at 10:18 AM said:
I remember the days of putting the stupid peice of paper in the controller so that it would work correctly....and even then you had to open it up to re-arrange it.....so that it would work again. I think when I got the gp2x, and all the emulators were ported over, I just gave up.
Man, It's great still hearing people talk about that. :lol:

I think my very first post on this forum was my discovery of the crumpled paper joystick fix.

Back