Who Needs Buttons - Iphone Ps1 About To Launch

I've got an ipod touch, and sure, this a great proof-of concept app, but it's murder to play. Btw, this is made by the same guy as the great psx4all gp2x project (zodttd)

I didn´t know it is possible to run unsigned code on the iphone.

Quite impressive that someone was willing to devote lots of time into an emulator that will never be properly playable. Well, its the iphone, it sure is more popular than the gp2x.

Fishbong said:

Quite impressive that someone was willing to devote lots of time into an emulator that will never be properly playable. Well, its the iphone, it sure is more popular than the gp2x.
well, obv the iphone needs to be hacked (jailbroken) first .....

Last edited by a moderator:
gp2xkid said:
Fishbong said:

yep :)

It's a cool thing to see running on the iPhone but I doubt that it is at all playable with touchscreen buttons. Sounds like a pain in the ass to me...

Nice work by zodttd though. The guy is a code magician.

He's also ported Exophase's gpsp to the iphone, the controls for that work like a dream (considering its only a touchscreen) :)

Mark Watson said:
Just seen an online vid of the v0.9 of a ps1 emulator for the touchscreen iphone/itouch ipd

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/150570.html

Not entirely sure it's going to be properly playable, but its ingenious as hell!!!

This is possible on iTouch/iPhone BECAUSE they have a multi-touch screen. I'm doubtful Pandora would have a multi-touch screen.

multi touchscreen being 2 points of contact, this would really suck indeed

a shame zodttd gave up (temporarily) on psx4all's GP2X development in favor of something that would never be as playable =P

But I have to admit a hacked iphone/ipod touch is pretty cool

but I hate apple just about as much as I hate sony, mainly for their lamer's view of marketing

It would be interesting if someone tried making a "controller" for it by using rubber button membranes.

pandora said:
gp2xkid said:
Fishbong said:

yep :)

Great contribution!

xcen said:
multi touchscreen being 2 points of contact, this would really suck indeed

a shame zodttd gave up (temporarily) on psx4all's GP2X development in favor of something that would never be as playable =P
Check out the news section! I believe you'll be more than pleased :D

Back