Who has Received their 1Ghz Pandora Poll

Have you received your 1Ghz Pandora

• Yes

Votes: 29 54.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters

I'd rather say it's a pity the money that people paid to "upgrade" and get the "product with high priority" was used, without their consent, to pay for refunds. That's a breach of *contract* if I ever see one.

Again, if all pre-orders of 1Ghz agreed for the refunds to be paid with their money, I would have no problem with that, but in reality it happened in their back and they were de facto lied to : what they paid did not go for a 1Ghz unit delivery.

And in terms of "outstanding costumer service", please notice that Craig never ever said the word "I'm sorry". When you screw up your customers, that's the least you'd expect.

I think that lieing would mean Craig planned on refunding a hundred or so orders at once before selling the original 1GHz units, and you understand that isn't possible. If looking at this situation from a distance I think we'd agree that telling the 1GHz orderers "just a moment" is wiser than telling the preorderers requesting refunds "no."

However there is no excuse NOT to contact the 1Ghz preorders and to tell them the situation BEFORE moving ahead with the refunds.

And anyway this was a case of "lying" because he obviously did not use the 1Ghz money he received immediately to buy the units from ED - that was the way he could secure them, but he did not - instead keeping the cash for longer while he knew the risk of refunds was real.

Asking for forgiveness is not too much, it is about admitting he made a mistake. And he did.

Which he does not seem to realize. Hence it means he probably does not feel bad about it, and would do it again later on if the opportunity comes.

This kind of behavior is damaging the Pandora community more and more every time.

^ I agree. :/

Had I known the finances were being treated differently, I'd have gone with ED... but to be frank I really should have just gone with ED anyway. Oh well, at least someone got their refund because of my contribution, I guess that's something.

Had I known the finances were being treated differently, I'd have gone with ED... but to be frank I really should have just gone with ED anyway. Oh well, at least someone got their refund because of my contribution, I guess that's something.

Provided that refund story was true. :) How can we tell ?

Honestly. when you cannot trust what you order for anymore, one has to wonder if the subsequent stories are true as well. Well, I hope so.

Provided that refund story was true. :) How can we tell ?

Honestly. when you cannot trust what you order for anymore, one has to wonder if the subsequent stories are true as well. Well, I hope so.

I think it's pretty obvious that at least a part of the money went into prototyping the icp2.

If Craig did it willingly risking the delivery of these units, we do not know...

Just a suggestion: Why not offer Premium 1 GHz Pandoras? Everyone who pays another 200€ gets his unit earlier, maybe, when Craig gets some money that he doesn't need?

Would be win - win imo, money for Craig and his debts, pandoras for da people!

Just a suggestion: Why not offer Premium 1 GHz Pandoras? Everyone who pays another 200€ gets his unit earlier, maybe, when Craig gets some money that he doesn't need?

You cannot be serious about that...

Why not it's only 866 € for a Pandora then.

That's about the price of a new iPhone5 with 64 GB.

:p :p :p

No 57 still waiting too..... well I paid the extra for my 1Ghz hoping for a quick delivery..... its put me well in debt..... I sure hope it comes soon another 200 euro is just too much. I think the systems brill but Ive just invested all now

Heres to Pandora may we all get ours soon :p :p :p

Come on, let's go all the way. Queue positions could be auctioned -- anyone who pays 250€ gets priority over those stingy bastards who only coughed up an extra 200.

Has any one even heard from Craig about progress on the pre orders. I was told 2/3 weeks until my order, this is the 3rd week.

Even if Craig finally pays the 20k, that would be only for the first 60(?) 1Ghz units? If I remember correctly, there were at least a hundred more. Given that there will be no iCP2s being sold before next year, it is unlikely that Craig has income until then - what will leave 1GHz orders waiting way into 2013?!?

#55 in Craig's queue...........still waiting.................

<_<

Come on, let's go all the way. Queue positions could be auctioned -- anyone who pays 250€ gets priority over those stingy bastards who only coughed up an extra 200.

Then you'll end up in the situation like theme parks where everyone has paid for priority queuing so that queue is just as bloody long as the normal queue!

Then you'll end up in the situation like theme parks where everyone has paid for priority queuing so that queue is just as bloody long as the normal queue!

I think this is wrong.

Themepark queue: if more people paying to go to priority queue the people at this queue have to wait longer.

Production queue: if more people paying extra to buy the needed parts, so the merchant don't have to get enough profits from sales to get the parts, everyone have to wait less.

And again:

Money is missing to make the Pandora since there was a huge refund which must have been paid or craig would have been sued and his shop would have been out of business. This would have not helped anyone. He is currently selling old cc pandoras and cc pandoras with some bugs like no wifi. This money will be used to get the needed parts for the orders. Evildragon gots donations too and he said a share of it goes to craigs queue. Craig will probably get huge amount of tax money back from the canceled preorders. So everything will be ok, it just needs more time (which sucks).

Last edited by a moderator:
No 57 here!!!

Many thanks to everyone who has stuck with and believed in Pandora !! :) :D

My 1Ghz beast is on its way!!

Yep mines on its way oh yeah!!!! Very happily suprised really after reading all the threads...... :D :D

Got email from ED this morning that mine (# 55 in Craig's queue...) is on its way!!!!!!

Kudos to ED for saving the day!!!

:)

Back