Which Smc Reader/writers Work With Gp32?

Grebn

Hi all,

My younger brother has just bought a GP32 but wants to get an SMC reader/writer because his computer can't read SMCs - I seem to remember that some aren't compatible with GP32 formatting - does anyone have one they'd recommend? I know Blaze work..

Anyway, he's off to PC World in the morning to get one - any quick suggestions would be vastly apreciated!

Paul

The formatting problem has nothing to do with the cardreaders, it`s just the different format types (Fat, Fat12, Fat16, Fat32,...)

aapje89 posted on Jul 27 2005 at 08:35 PM said:
all work
No they don't. Avoid multicard readers. I have 2 and both corrupt smc's almost everytime they are used. I'd almost given up on card readers until I got one of the smc readers from gbax which works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some readers don`t support fat 12/16 but only fat 32, It is rare, But we did have a couple of people on here that brought a certain type of reader off ebay (Yellow, Single slot smc reader) and had nothing but trouble with them. Card would not get recognised or format etc.

Trooper

woogal posted on Jul 27 2005 at 08:22 PM said:
No they don't. Avoid multicard readers. I have 2 and both corrupt smc's almost everytime they are used.

Same here, but why not just use the GP-Drive programm for the gP32? It basicly turns it into a card-reader, and it even works with Linux now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back