Which Firmware?

fev

Still Fresh
Hi guys, i'm currently running 2.1.1 as when i got my Gp it was recomended to upgrade to this as oppose to 3.0.
What is the current feeling or should i wait for 4.0 whic is being shipped with the new machine?

Cheers,
Fev

The firmware question is a tiny bit confusing... basically it's agreed that 2.1.1 is the best "official" firmware out.

Everyone is really waiting for the release of Open2X which is the community oriented firmware.

3.0 is not so good from what I've heard, and no one knows if 4.0 is really any good since it's not out yet... Only ED has managed to use it IIRC.

If you've got 3, downgrading is stupid, dangerous and pointless. If you've got 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 upgrading to 3 is stupid, dangerous and pointless. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The new fw 4.0 is fully touch screen you use mp3,photos,videos making use of the touch screen if you like the sound of that go for fw 4.0 which different to other fw but has missing features i hope they will bring back all the features in the next update.

sukhigp said:
The new fw 4.0 is fully touch screen you use mp3,photos,videos making use of the touch screen if you like the sound of that go for fw 4.0 which different to other fw but has missing features i hope they will bring back all the features in the next update.
Not exactly the best advice to give. :p

Updating an F-100 to FW 4.0 will likely result to bricking it. Same goes to the F-200, if you downgrade to anything below FW 4.0. It's better to just leave the firmware alone. Besides the F-100 doesn't even have touchscreen to begin with.

I wouldn't even call the default menu and the built-in applications in the F-200 as "fully touch screen." They clearly fail to take advantage of the touchscreen capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back