Firmware Versions

iggywig

Still Fresh
Hi there. Long time since I been on here but I decided to pick my GP2X up today and update all the software.. It's running 2.0.0 and since I've been away a while I've got a few questions about upgrading..

is there any need to upgrade to 2.1.1?
Whats the major improvements?
Do any of the emulators or games run on 2.1.1 but not 2.0.0?

I've not got my adaptor with me and my batteries are only on medium so I don't really want to upgrade if I don't have to!

Cheers

Never upgrade on anything but full batteries. 2.1.1 is a worthy upgrade because it brings faster read/write times to the SD card, and gets rid of the main menu flickering.

I think there's also minor improvements to at least one of the built in apps, i.e. movie player or music player.

But don't rush in upgrading till you want to as compatibility with third party apps isn't a problem as far as I know; just mainly the stuff Alex mentioned above.

I have firmware 2.1.0 and whenever I play xvid movies, the fps rate drops. Is this fixed in 2.1.1 or can the gp2x just not handle large files like that? I also tried switching the overclock to 'full' but it didn't do much of a difference.

I've still got 2.0.0, but my main issue is the movie player freezing and requiring a reboot. Is this fixable without upgrading firmware, and risking bricking my beautiful 2x?

Back