Where to get an AC adaptor?

You know, a kettle-lead, as they call them. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean like this?

PC026_250.jpg

or this:

PC136_250.jpg

i got the old style one cos im oldskool ;) anyway i have a official psp charger anyway and I use that instead.

im with milkshake here. got the UK charger+adapter for US, but because its slacking, i use my psp charger at all times

Mine came with the UK charger and a US figure 8 cable. I happened to have a local figure 8 cable handy, and used that combination for some time with no problems. Then the charger kept losing power (the LED on the charger would fade out) and moving it slightly would sometimes bring it back briefly.

At that point I purchased a generic 5v switch mode power supply from the local electronics store, and used that instead.

After a while, I decided to crack open the original power supply to see if I could spot the problem. turned out there was a gap between the leg of the figure 8 socket and the PCB. There were also a number of other solder points that looked less than healthy. Once I got those fixed, it worked normally again.

- Neelix

It should not matter which way you plug it in though, it is AC power, there is no positive or negative, it is just live and ground. You get a sine wave that has both positive and negative in it. The rectifier should be putting out + DC either way.

It should not matter which way you plug it in though, it is AC power, there is no positive or negative, it is just live and ground. You get a sine wave that has both positive and negative in it. The rectifier should be putting out + DC either way.
Like I said, the earlier adapters were Europlugs supplied with an adapter that had to be fitted a particular way around - this doesn't apply to the current ones. ;)

I found some PSP & miniUSB dual end to USB Male on Ebay and I've tested it and it doesn't work. A little bummed, gives a blinking red which is NO good. Wish I could return the purchase but oh well.

On a side note here, I think the company went under, but if you can find Psyclone Gamer PSP to USB cables, those are GOOD.

Back