all of a sudden: no charging (usb or ac), battery draining insanely fast (est. 1h remaining at 70%)

Hmm yeah.  The way that hot zone extends over the left nub up to pretty much where the charger port is suggests the power converter stuff is handling a lot more current than it normally does (the power stuff is over left nub, not right as I previously suggested).  I've found no way in software to even get close to that reported current usage, and my unit never gets hot to the touch.  Something's fritzed.

Have you openend it by now?

sometimes you can even see the ics that are too hot because their markings are burned out.

But if the audio sounds stranke there also could be some short or something in this department or maybe the lcd cable.

also see if there is a problem with your headphonejack. Try to plug and unplug some headphones a couple of times.

But if the audio sounds stranke there also could be some short or something in this department or maybe the lcd cable.

also see if there is a problem with your headphonejack. Try to plug and unplug some headphones a couple of times.
That's odd, I tried plugging my pandora in to the speakers and the audio sounds fine. Only through the speakers does that unusual behaviour happen.

Yeah, same here. Looks like I'm going to have to send it to EvilDragon for repairs, if possible. How would I go about sending it back? Would it be possible to maybe upgrade to a 1GHz board while I'm at it?

Try to activate all the functions (like wifi, bluetooth, USB host, USB OTG, TV out, line in/out, etc) one by one; chances are you'll discover which one is fried up.

Try to activate all the functions (like wifi, bluetooth, USB host, USB OTG, TV out, line in/out, etc) one by one; chances are you'll discover which one is fried up.
Hey,

I did what you said and noticed no particular ill-effects on any of them except for the TV-out, which was quite flickery and eventually cut out, and the wi-fi, which worked perfectly when I activated it but for some reason the screen went completely black when I deactivated it (not even the backlight was on). A pandora key+power switch reset fixed this however (that's called a soft reset, right?) and that problem never repeated itself.

Hey,

I did what you said and noticed no particular ill-effects on any of them except for the TV-out, which was quite flickery and eventually cut out, and the wi-fi, which worked perfectly when I activated it but for some reason the screen went completely black when I deactivated it (not even the backlight was on). A pandora key+power switch reset fixed this however (that's called a soft reset, right?) and that problem never repeated itself.
Just send it to ED. Seriously.
Yes, pretty sure you can do a 1Ghz upgrade at the same time, but depending on how bad the defect is ED might need to charge extra I guess.

Back