Where To Get A Wiz? Maybe A Caanoo?

FaeDine

Still Fresh
I've had a GP2X Wiz for quite some time but lost it (fell out of my pocket or something, really sad day).

I've been looking to get a replacement for some time but they seem impossible to find. Were they discontinued? Does anyone know where to get them?

Failing that, does anyone know if the Caanoo measures up as a replacement? I've been on the fence about it for quite some time but it's analog controls turn me off. I've used Analog controllers for PC emulation before and just abhore it; I'm worried I'd be in the same boat with the Caanoo... nothing seems better than a D-Pad for older games. Anyone with experience a Caanoo know if it measures up?

Of course, the Caanoo measures up as a replacement, but if you are used to a wiz, see if you can get your hands to a used one. The Caanoo is not such a big step forward, as it could have been.

Looks like demand for the wiz is still high, maybe GPH should start wiz production again and reduce caanoo production

i believe they stopped producing the Caanoo quite some time ago?

Wiz is difficult to find now, perhaps you can find a second hand one. Caanoo is selling in some sites like PlayAsia, but they are stock units.

What worries me is that when the Wiz's battery goes isn't that it? Since I can't seem to find any way to play the console plugged in while the battery is that low. Is this the same on the Caanoo?

The GP2x will be around for a long time with it's AA batteries.

Back