Does The Caanoo Need A Wiki?

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
I've recently been thinking about whether the Wiz needs a wiki any longer and this has also made me wonder if the Caanoo needs a Wiki.

Do people think a wiki is warranted for the Caanoo and if so should it be part of the existing Wiz Wiki or a seperate new Caanoo Wiki? I don't have my own Caanoo so I'm not sure how much they differ from one another so I have no idea how much information on the Wiz relates to the Caanoo.

I'm very interested in hearing what people think on the matter :).

Last edited by a moderator:
A separate wiki is more work but I think it would be better. The Wiz and the Caannoo are similar technically but software still needs to be ported and recompiled. From this perspective, there is quite a big gap between the two, and info for the Wiz does not apply to the Caanoo. A dedicated wiki with (for example) details on how to setup a development environment just for the Caannoo would be great.

Mr 2X said:
BurningSludge said:
JVM stands for Java Virtual Machine.

I know :p

Just I'm wondering if you think to be able to port/install/use JVM for/on Caanoo

Even if it is possible at all I am pretty sure that one would not be able to run a large Java program like an IDE do the ram limitation (not to mention the incompatible interface), but what do I care, I am going to teach myself C anyways just for I can eventually make the best text based games possible because Java has no native console support according to RogueBasin http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Java.

Jengo said:
yes, an actual wiki (not wikipedia) would be great. I would really appreciate all the info!!

The question is whether people would actually put information on the wiki. I don't actually have a Caanoo so I can't even put even the most basic of information on there myself :S.

Back