where to get a new battery or make a replacement?

romanaFour

Still Fresh
Has anyone made a replacement battery for the pandora? The price of shipping a battery from DragonBox Shop to the banana republic I live in is over 40 euro!

Something like a 104079 4000mah lipo (1.0 cm thick x 4cm x 7.9cm) would probably fit in the case. But I am unsure what to do with the extra pin--the generic battery only has + and - wires coming out. Surely someone has done this before me? I don't mind a bit of glue or soldering wires or tearing off the connector from my old battery as long as I am sure how to correctly connect it to the generic battery.

What an odd problem, we have perfect batteries in stock but they cant be shipped?
If you really want to do this then removing the old battery chip and put it on the new battery is the way to go.
Alternatively, some models can boot without a battery if the 5V line is powered. Might be possible to dodge soldering a battery by using a power bank on the normal charging port. But for constant use you would have to solder this inside since the charging port might break if something sticks inside all the time.

The extra pin is a thermistor. 10k is most typical, but I don't know what the Pandora actually uses so it might be worth measuring (they are usually specced as resistance at 25 degrees but room temperature is close enough). A thermistor of a suitable value next to the lipo should be accurate enough, it's mostly to reduce/stop charging if the battery is too hot or cold.

For Pandora owners in Australia, there is little option to get replacement batteries.
After procrastinating for some time I bit the bullet on my Pandora and bought some batteries. I bought a few spares so if anyone want's a battery I have a couple spares available.
I'm selling them on eBay Australia Pandora Battery so just have a look.

Back