Where Did You Here About Gp2x?

I remember hearing about the GP32 when it released. However, not having THAT much money to my name, I had to pass it up. Besides, I was recently burned out on the portable scene for quite some time after the Neo Geo Pocket Color finally passed this life, only like a year ago really getting back into it with a GBA SP, and then later a DS. I checked in and out for the GP32's sake, thanks to GameFaqs which basically kept me in form. For the most part though, the 32 faded into the recesses of my memory...at least until relatively recently.

About around early summer of this year, I checked into Barnes & Nobles, and checked out a copy of the late, great Retrogaming mag from the UK (Rest in Peace, great mag). It was then that I saw the GP32 again advertised in one of their little ads for random UK based importers.

Thinking "Hey! I actually got money now! Maybe I could actually buy it this time!" I went and did a lil search on Google, which lead me to this site, which then went to talk about the "upcoming GP2X".

I was sprung from that day forth. Here it was, a machine that could perhaps do what I was perhaps gunning for if I ever did get a PSP, and it was looking to do it in a way that would suit my desires that much better, and without that whole firmware tomfoolery either.

It was really only about a month ago that I finally started posting, after lurking and just reading what others had to say for awhile...now I'm just among the numbers that are awaiting that first batch of 2X's to reach my crib.

wikipedia

Was looking at the specs for the gamegear for some reason, got linked to a list of handhelds, saw the GP32, lead me to the GP2X, read into it,now I must have one.

I forgot....I think google news...then like 2 seconds later i was at the offical gp2x site and my brother and his friends were drooling over it (except the two whiny irish kids were like "fuck that! IM getting the PSP!", for which I told them to fuck off if not interested. And once my little brother heard linux was on, he went crazy...I dont know for....I just think he looks up to me or whatever...and likes what I like...either that.....or he likes penguins...

im guessing the later..

Heard about GP32 from EGM (and later reminded by a friend), and then GP2X from the same friend.

A thread on Something Awful about your 'dream handheld'. I described a console with an ARM9 processor, plenty of RAM, onboard NAND Flash storage, an SD or CF card slot, decent controls, a bright, large LCD display .. and was told the gp2x satisfied a lot of that. Lo and behold, it's remarkably close to my 'dream handheld'.

martin_F posted on Oct 23 2005 at 09:51 PM said:
Here:

http://forum.retrosurvival.co.uk/

A forum for the fans and readers of the now dead UK Retro Gamer Mag.
Someone on there mentioned the GP2X a few months back. I was always keen on getting a GP32, but it never happened. However the GP2X definately will.

Martin

'Now dead'?

Last edited by a moderator:
I vaguely noticed a few references to the GP32 on Slashdot, but only really found out about it when it featured in a magazine I get occasionally, MicroMart.

Decided I couldn't wait until the GP2X came out, and picked up a GP32 to tide me over :)

i was downloading gainas return for dreamcast, and saw that there was a gp32 port of it too. looked into it a bit more, and decided the gp32 was the way to go for homebrew. gpx2 i found out about on here.

I got a newsletter from Lik-sang, had never herd of it or its predecessor but I soooooo want one. Strapped for cash at mo but working on it!!!!

gp32_console

B)

Back