Where Did You Here About Gp2x?

jimb

Still Fresh
I know very little about the original GP32. I thought it had died out so I never paid any attention to the GamePark device.

Then, one day ...

After browsing the forums on http://www.monroeworld.com I was intrigued by a post under 'Modern Gaming' called Its Here bringing news on the GP32 followup ... GP2X.

Jumping over to GP2X-UK and seeing statements like 'open-source' , 'SDK included' , 'emulators' , 'TV-Out' and the like got me interested. Since then I've been keeping an eye on GP2X-related news, postings, and videos.

How did you here about the handheld?
I realise the majority of you guys are GP32 owners but it'll be nice to hear from those who, like me, stumbled across the underground dream machine by chance.

I've spread the word via a couple of games programming sites in an attempt to grab some more attention:

BlitzMax / BlitzBasic
Coders Workshop

Looks like a few folks there have pre-ordered.

I found out through the Tapwave Zodiac forums, then I googled around and finally I came here to fall in love with the GP2X and the XGP. But I've heard about the GP32X already, years ago. :)

I was browsing the dcemu.co.uk message boards one day to see if any interesting DC homebrew was out, and I saw there was a forum for GPX2. I'd never heard of it, so I Googled it out of curiousity, and this site came up! :D

I was browsing gamefaqs, the psp board, when somebody gave a link to the official site. I saw that it was open source and that it played movies in many formats (something my psp cant do) so searched some more, found this site and now I am trying to come up with some funds so I can buy it. :)

GP32 : Searching for gba roms (alot of ppl are the same). I think craig intended this!

GP2x : this board

I heard about the GP2X through a slashdot artical. Being someone who is a fan of Linux, an avid gamer, and an emulation enthusiast, I pretty much had to have one the moment I saw it.

If I get time, I also plan to play with the dev kit a bit. Chances are pretty slim that I'll be able to port anything useful over, but it won't hurt to try =)

-OCA|

A work colleague was playing sensible soccer on a Sega Mega-Drive emulator on his psp, which made me think I’ve got to get me a psp so I can play some of the games I used to enjoy when I was younger. (As most modern games don’t hold my attention as much as the games of Dizzy and Sensible Soccer era)

He then said well there’s no point forking out for a psp if I just want to use it for homebrew. He then me about the gp32 and said there releasing the next version of it the gp2x later in the year. So I held fire and waited until I could pre-order a gp2x and now I’m eagerly awaiting its arrival.

My boss is a gadget enthusiast and mentioned he wanted a handheld he could do quick CAD sketches for the machinists and fabricators. He approached me about this as I double as the company IT dept.

Searching the web later I tripped across the GP32 (something I had almost ordered for myself previously), and noticed news articles about the GPX2 ( now GP2X).

The boss has since forgotten about the idea, but I've pre-ordered ( I think . . . hoping craigix can clear that up B) ). I'm in the midst of getting GCC 4 plugged into Dev C++ and awaiting the unit itself.

I already answered this once, but I'm bored and antsy at work so what the hell.

I'm one of the people who found out about it through Slashdot. I'd heard about the GP32 previously but at the time it didn't seem all that interesting to me. When I found out about its successor, I became intrigued. It seems like it will be really fun to develop for and will give me an excuse to get my coding skills back into shape after stagnating at tech support jobs for the past year and a half. I came across this site while googling for more info on the machine.

I'm looking very forward to when the preorders ship. Mid-November seems like a long ways away.

I have known about the GP32 much earlier and at some point I was considering to get it. Accidentally I did visit this site and bingo! Then I started searching for a more informations about the GP2x and finally decided to get one.

I heard about the GP32 from a site where I wanted to download directions to build my own portable NES system and a multi-rom cartridge/flash-ram thing, and while I found very little on that, I stumbled across GP32 while looking for NES and PORTABLE. The page had a site that lead here, and after I read a bit, ordered one, and I've been looking at this site almost every day to read updates, peruse info., etc.

Then the GP2X and XGP were announced. Reading as much as I could about both, I decided the GP2X was the horse I was backing. (even though it was called the GPX2 then still)

And now I can live happily ever after. *Nod*

Back