When emulators collide and conflict!!

• Thread starter CocoCreekFisherman
  • Start date

C

CocoCreekFisherman

I found that having ScummVM and ResidualVM on the same card suddenly caused problems which I solved but I wanted to know if this is unusual ??

Recently ,and I don't know why, one emulator would appear on desktop whilst the other would disappear. Not only disappearing from the desktop but in the menu.

At first I attempted placing the emulators in different folder areas but to no avail. At times one emulator would appear in the appdata folder with it's contents but not showing any place else, therefore being unable to open it . Or to my dismay the emulator would not be found anywhere except file system and sometimes not even in file system. It was like a 'peek a boo game' or 'find the emulator'. This was and still is confusing the neurons in me on why or how this happened? When I would restart the Pandora,  the one emulator that was missing now reappeared and the other emulator that was previously there now vanished in the same manner.

The only thing I could surmise was that these emulators are very simular in format. So perhaps there was some confusion within the Pandora's processor. I don't know.

This also happened with  Pokemini and Game & Watch emulators.

The solution was to place them on separate cards. Now there is no confliction.

Last edited:
it sounds like the same "unique" app id was used for both.   As such when they are on the same card they conflict and libPND can only process one at a time.

- Neelix

No conflicts for me, residual and scumm have very different package ids and when I had pokemini and game&watch no issues there either

No conflicts for me, residual and scumm have very different package ids and when I had pokemini and game&watch no issues there either
In the beginning I did not have this happen. You might want to be sure this does not happen to you.   ;) ...or maybe not  :huh:

Last edited:
it sounds like the same "unique" app id was used for both.   As such when they are on the same card they conflict and libPND can only process one at a time.

- Neelix
Makes sense. 

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't look, but if they do have the same unique-id, then the developer(s) goofed up and need to fix it :) It is nothing you did, as a user.. not much you can do about it, if thats the case, except bug the devs :)

jeff

Back