When Did Gph Announce Consoles Typically?

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

I just started thinking about wanting a new GPH device so I started wonder when and at what show did they announce their previous consoles? Wiz had rumours I think in august 2008, but I can't remember when and how long it took for them to put out Caanoo. This is because I'd rather skip the current generation, even if the analog stick on the caanoo might be nice to have. (yes, I have a wiz, but it's got the plague)

Howdy

I believe game park holding will be releasing a new console in a few years time perhaps, if you want something different you can look at the Pandora console as it has a d-pad and nubs and alot of games and software has been ported to it. Things are moving fast so is production now hopefully, so this could be a potential replacement and predecessor to the gph console

bye

007jaws

IIRC ED's hinted at a 'groundbreaking new handheld' from GPH (which is still in development) to come after the Caanoo. Maybe end of this year? The Wiz lasted about a year, I doubt the Caanoo will go longer. Fungp and stuff like that might be preperation for GPH's bigger project.

quote said:
IIRC ED's hinted at a 'groundbreaking new handheld' from GPH (which is still in development) to come after the Caanoo. Maybe end of this year? The Wiz lasted about a year, I doubt the Caanoo will go longer. Fungp and stuff like that might be preperation for GPH's bigger project.
Seriously, Thanks for letting me know about this, hopefully it comes sooner than later. ED is well connected to GPH as he has sold all their consoles from day one, so he knows what his talking about for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
off-topic

jlenoconel said:
I spent $150 on the Caanoo and it won't last for more than a year!? What the hell!?!
I spent $225 on the F200 ($50 for cradle) and I am still using it after two years. Got 12GB of games loaded up (with 200GB in reserve for Sega/TurboGfX CD) for thousands of hours of fun on the go. I have spent more money on movies and events that have not given me as much enjoyment as this handheld. The value of use and my interest and contribution is what makes the device last. If you want support for years on end you may want a NDS or PSP. If you want more than just to talk about the coolest new game you plunked another $50 down for then stick around.

/off-topic

kliklak, checked forum for old announcements. At the rate of the past we should get a new one by next year. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a Caanoo ($143 = bargain!). Ive got no problem with GPh bringing out something new sooner rather than later. I'll still use my Caanoo as I still use my GP2X-f100.

The only thing I'd say to GPh is make sure the next handheld has some tangible processing performance advantages over the GP2X (f100-200, Wiz, Caanoo) family, and give devs all the tools they need.

Quote, thanks for that. I wasn't aware of the rumour and this was precisely why I asked.

A year is a bit long time to wait, I was hoping for a summer release actually.

jlenoconel, nobody is forcing you to upgrade, fex. I'm sitting out the Caanoo, even if it is enticing. And like coldfis said, some tangible performance advantages would be more then nice.

What was the point of me buying the handheld when its not going to be supported in a year is what I'm saying? When the next GPH handheld comes out the Caanoo will be dropped like a hot potato by developers, so it was basically a waste. If the Caanoo loses its support within a year I will not be buying another console from GPH.

The gp2x and the wiz still get software support. I fully intend on my caanoo lasting 2-3 years.

When a new console comes out it doesn't mean people will stop developing for the older consoles. the wiz's communality is large and people are still developing new things for the GP2X. So basically in my opinion the caanoo will never be dropped by developers.

Edit: Didn't see redlemon's post :p but yeah, I agree

OK fair dos. The next console will have to be a big step up for me to consider it and be available in the next two years. It will have to be as powerful as the new 3DS, if not the PSP2, at least.

Back