When Are The First Prototype Boards Supposed To Be Ready?

They will be ready when they are done.

There will be no wine before it's time :p

There are no dates, they will be done when they are done (and everyone is happy with them).

Squidge said:
There are no dates, they will be done when they are done (and everyone is happy with them).
That's what I hear from the openmoko team as well. For over a year now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how much people like dates (and most community members who've been around for at least three months probably have a vague sense I would think) so I'd like to bring your attention to the release date of March/April 2008 that they are targeting, though they may end up going past that to refine things.

So, to get it all done in April, I would think they'd have to get the first developer Pandoras finished by the end of this month, so that the developers have a month, and Craigix and Co. have the time to put that all together at the end for us.

Vague estimates, nothing for certain. I only have experience in software (and it's confined to high-level software) so my guesses are in no way guarantees. :p

We would never rush anything to meet those deadlines, and we will never take preorders until everything is in place and we are happy with the system.

The first 100 MK1 units will come first, and people who want to buy these will have to build them themselves in most cases in stages (ie you get the pcb, LCD, then later the case etc.) but they will work great for devs.

craigix said:
We would never rush anything to meet those deadlines, and we will never take preorders until everything is in place and we are happy with the system.

Yeah, if there were just a couple of emulators ported over that ran well after the first 100 shipped, it'd be worth it than a lot of releases that performs badly due to bad hw.

Squidge, can I assume you're getting your hands on one of the first 10 prototypes to work on the core system or porting over some apps?

craigix said:
Yea, sorry I didn't make that clearer in my post.

craigix said:
It's not going to be that long, pretty soon, exciting times here.
I love you :D :p

:ph34r:

Fat Agnus said:
Squidge, can I assume you're getting your hands on one of the first 10 prototypes to work on the core system or porting over some apps?
I'll probably get something like that. Right now I can do core system and porting work however, so no real rush there (I don't have an LCD though, so all output is via the serial port).

Squidge said:
I'll probably get something like that. Right now I can do core system and porting work however, so no real rush there (I don't have an LCD though, so all output is via the serial port).

Why not use S-Video? :)

Zarneth said:
Squidge said:

Why not use S-Video? :)
This particular board doesn't have S-Video.

Back