When Am I Getting My Pandora?

rabidpoobear

Website
www.lukevp.com
Alright, I don't know if you guys remember me but I used to be pretty active around here.
I kept up my pandora lust for 2 years now. I preordered 3 hours after orders opened, and reordered within a few days of getting the notification.

I could have done a huge amount of development work if I'd gotten it earlier, but now I'm working 40hrs a week and I can't even hardly keep up with the current news. There's no way I can read every thread like I used to.

I've tried to figure out when production is resuming, and the best I've seen is that there are maybe a few boards going to craig's or something, and other vague statements like that.

So what's actually going on? I'm actually getting a bit irritated at this point. Took a few years, but my patience is wearing a bit thin.

Can someone give me an actual estimate? or some pointers to better / more up to date status info? I just want to start releasing software already. It's getting really frustrating waiting.

rabidpoobear said:
Alright, I don't know if you guys remember me but I used to be pretty active around here.
I kept up my pandora lust for 2 years now. I preordered 3 hours after orders opened, and reordered within a few days of getting the notification.

I could have done a huge amount of development work if I'd gotten it earlier, but now I'm working 40hrs a week and I can't even hardly keep up with the current news. There's no way I can read every thread like I used to.

I've tried to figure out when production is resuming, and the best I've seen is that there are maybe a few boards going to craig's or something, and other vague statements like that.

So what's actually going on? I'm actually getting a bit irritated at this point. Took a few years, but my patience is wearing a bit thin.

Can someone give me an actual estimate? or some pointers to better / more up to date status info? I just want to start releasing software already. It's getting really frustrating waiting.

Nobody knows when you'll get your Pandora. Might get it by this christmas if you're lucky, or possibly next christmas, or the next christmas after that. This is why I feel devs are loosing interest with the project. A bunch of snails could work faster if you'd asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't they say they'd have 400 boards about a week after the last production run?
and didn't they say they'd start production up last week?
and didn't they say they'd start production up this week?

I'm starting an LLC to start iPhone devving in a few weeks, and then you guys might never see me again. It's a sad state of affairs. I had so many cool ideas, many of which are half-implemented already.

rabidpoobear said:
didn't they say they'd have 400 boards about a week after the last production run?

I'm starting an LLC to start iPhone devving in a few weeks, and then you guys might never see me again. It's a sad state of affairs. I had so many cool ideas, many of which are half-implemented already.
Please dont go please dont go we need you so please dont go please dont go the pandora needs you so.

rabidpoobear said:

They(the factory) had the 400 boards, but without tested nubs.

Normally I can't condone the frustrated hate posts, but I have to jump on this with you. Since ordering, I've been let down numerous times and now, even if all goes to "the new plan", i may see my pandora in October. With my work schedule (business trips), this means I won't even be able to touch it til December. I understand the frustration has got to be worse for ED, Craigix, blah blah, but I just don't get it. Perhaps it's because in my line of work, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and when I don't get greased on time, I get VERY squeaky. It's bad when even the most patient of us start to get squeaky. Queue Craig with the token "Fine, then cancel. We don't want your business!" post. in 3......2......

Laalaa, leeelooolaaa doooddaaaahhh deeeee flowers and rainbows and little fluffy clouds. Whooo, Wheeeeeeeee!
swizzle me a fizzledeedee and whop de woop wop!

cheers.

Miner49er said:
Laalaa, leeelooolaaa doooddaaaahhh deeeee flowers and rainbows and little fluffy clouds. Whooo, Wheeeeeeeee!
swizzle me a fizzledeedee and whop de woop wop!

cheers.
and who the F.... are you?

Unfortunately posts like this are going to become common place, people wont wait for ever and whilst the Pandora is great, its not available and without numbers its never going to succeed.
Id like to help make it succeed but all we can do is wait which makes it even more frustrating.
Hopefully we will get an official update from CraigX (an informative update) on this forum which will help put everyone at ease a little longer.
Craig.

No F dont mean anything its just a letter so its not rude sorry if i upset you lets change the F for a C

to catch you up to speed, theres talk of making the pandora an android machine to further increase the unsupplied demand

No there isn't. That thread was to gauge opinions on Android, nothing else.

jutley said:
No F dont mean anything its just a letter so its not rude sorry if i upset you lets change the F for a C

How's about "who the 'F' are you, you 'C'?"

why cant they just pay a company to mass produce it like real entreprenuers. to make people wait for 2 years for a console is kind of cruel. i would even call it torture!!

They are real entrepreneurs. They're ones who want as much control over their project as possible, though. I know you haven't been around long, but you ought to know that a lot of delays have been the result of outside companies taking a while to mass-produce particular parts. ;)

Small-run items don't get high on the priority lists of the sorts of companies you're imagining. ;)

*sigh*

Sometimes I'm excited, sometimes I'm 'meh!'

Depends on how busy I am, what software's being released, and whether anyone's posted 'Woot! I got mine!'

I still believe it'll be worth the wait :wub:

Back