What's your biggest fear in life?

Another fear of mine is completing my Nintendo GameCube games collection and then finding out that a meteor the size of a big city is about to hit Australia. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Another fear of mine is completing my Nintendo GameCube games collection and then finding out that a meteor the size of a big city is about to hit Australia. :(

Then relocate. SA is kinda sucky, but with a head on your shoulders you can survive... If the world ends... we are probably the least likely to suffer major disaster. Internet will probably go out the window tho. :angry: ... and elec. Better have a solar solution backup by then. I will.

Knowing that our greatest theories of the universe still hold conflict, and knowing that all of science disregards the Self because the scientific method cannot deal with subjectivity, my current understanding abates all my fears but those of suffering. Or breaking my Pandora.

// My opinion after reading this depressing thread

Then relocate. SA is kinda sucky, but with a head on your shoulders you can survive... If the world ends... we are probably the least likely to suffer major disaster. Internet will probably go out the window tho. :angry: ... and elec. Better have a solar solution backup by then. I will.
A man-made disaster, maybe? A huge-ass riot, perhaps?

One of my greatest fears came true last november when my son passed away at 31 weeks. I'm still coming to terms with that - I still see his white coffin in my arms when I go to sleep some nights.

D.

One of my greatest fears came true last november when my son passed away at 31 weeks. I'm still coming to terms with that - I still see his white coffin in my arms when I go to sleep some nights.

D.
im not sure i would be able to survive this, ive got a few friends whos kids died while still in the mommies stomach, and after talking to them, i found out that its quite common. id be crying under a desk for days if that shit happened to me. so much respect to you and yours

D.

My God. I'm terribly sorry.

As a dad of five that was greatest fear as I said earlier, so you have my deepest condolences ZX Dunny
sad.gif

... my biggest fear...

It'd have to be either myself or my soulmate dying long before the other. We need each other. It's a bit twisted, but I'm hoping that if she went first, my body would recognise my soul's need to escape and simply shut down within a few minutes. My last moments on Earth would be agonising; I couldn't imagine years or months or a whole day even. Every now and then I look up a news story about some 80-year-olds' suicide pact and I think about suggesting something like that, when we reach a consensus that one of us will die very soon. Then I realise it would cause an almost certain loss, even if only a femtosecond, of time we actually still had together. Perhaps I could build us a duplex heart monitor/ lethal injection machine (my Pandora's last use, via EXT port?). Ugh. I feel like Kevorkian now, inventing death machines. An extension of this fear is part of the reason I'm so scared to have children-- If she dies and I am left, I would be a horrible parent as I would be soulless, irritable and probably insane... but my drive to not stick the kids with two losses in one would keep me from offing myself. Perhaps I need to see a therapist. I get depressed every time I get myself thinking of this. :(

By the way I'd not pressure her into my same psychosis-- if she wants to stick around she can, but the last she said she wouldn't. We don't get to talking about it too often since she lost her father in an auto repair accident about 3 years before we met and her grandmother of cancer just last summer... so she's a bit sick of death right about now.

By the way Dunny, I'm so sorry. It's been a while by now, but it takes longer than we have on Earth for a hurt like that to heal.... so I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Back