What's The Most Relaxing Game To Play On The Gp2x?

nickspoon posted on Apr 3 2006 at 09:43 PM said:
I'm also extremely bad at Marble Madness. Love it anyway.

Me too, it's a real classic even if it is a pain in the arse. I fired up the old NES just yesterday to play that actually :)

Last edited by a moderator:
DijiTao posted on Apr 3 2006 at 07:03 PM said:
Knoxximus posted on Apr 3 2006 at 08:37 AM said:
Well, I'll tell you that it damn sure isn't Magical Drop III! LOL!!

Sure it is -- what's not relaxing about MD3? :)

1. Change country to Japan
2. Select vs computer and play hardest difficulty (which had been disabled for the US / Europe versions).

Now tell me it's relaxing :p

Last edited:
Ecco 1 or 2 for the MegaDrive/Genesis, run them in DrMDx. They're tough and often frustrating games if you're not used to them, but you can also just swim around and do flips and jump over things for hours. That's loads of fun on its own. They're far more relaxing with the CD soundtracks (you can get them here if you want to give them a listen ... http://www.ecco-darksea.com/music.php) although DrMDx only emulates the MegaDrive and not the Mega CD (so far anyway, haha. Though I don't see Mega CD emulation as being too likely in the future, it never hurts to provide the music to round out the experience..) ;)

If you want REALLY relaxing, try Ecco Jr. It's meant for kids so it's ludicriously easy but that might be just the point.

Beat2x is rather fun on the 'normal' setting on easier songs, just to relax. I'd recommend NiGHTS for the Saturn for someone trying to chill, but that's not emulated yet and probably never will be on the '2x to any satisfactory speed.

Back