What's the handheld game console do you have?

3 Pandoras

3 DMG gameboys ( one highly modded for

Chiptune before my carts died...)

4 GBC Gameboys with colour swapped cases.

1 DS lite.

1 DSI

1 3dsXL limited edition pokemon X

1 Sega game gear with carrying case and two games (thinking of selling it)

I don't own anything more....

one highly modded for Chiptune before my carts died...
I am guessing EMS (or maybe bleepbloop) carts with LSDJ?

Regardless of which ones they are, have you tried figuring out what is wrong with them?

one highly modded for Chiptune before my carts died...
I am guessing EMS (or maybe bleepbloop) carts with LSDJ?

Regardless of which ones they are, have you tried figuring out what is wrong with them?
Ems, a capacitor failed frying the Rom chip and the second one straight up died.. I gave up after being so heart broken. At least I have my red/ original grey DMG with prosound, nes buttons, and a relocated powerboard.. planned on wiring a Ps2 socket for sweeet keyboard action. DMG-CPU-6 thing has the best sound.. Sigh. Still I would love to get back into Chiptune just don't have the funds,or access to the community. I don't even have access to the LSDJ rom anymore... sigh.

planned on wiring a Ps2 socket for sweeet keyboard action.
Honestly, this is pretty much all I use LSDJ for.  I say go for it.  It is pretty simple, and is both fun and funny to me.

just don't have the funds
3 Pandoras
One of the best thing about using old electronics like this for music is that it is cheap.  Sure, you can go all out and it gets a bit expensive, but even some of the more advanced stuff is pretty cheap and easy.

Oh, and speaking of LSDJ and money, once you have paid for it I thought you got an email or something.  Even if that is a problem, unless somethingt has changed recently LSDJ is "pay what you want".  I think it was suggested that you pay at least $2, but double that and it is still inexpensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
planned on wiring a Ps2 socket for sweeet keyboard action.
Honestly, this is pretty much all I use LSDJ for. I say go for it. It is pretty simple, and is both fun and funny to me.

just don't have the funds
3 Pandoras
One of the best thing about using old electronics like this for music is that it is cheap. Sure, you can go all out and it gets a bit expensive, but even some of the more advanced stuff is pretty cheap and easy.

Oh, and speaking of LSDJ and money, once you have paid for it I thought you got an email or something. Even if that is a problem, unless somethingt has changed recently LSDJ is "pay what you want". I think it was suggested that you pay at least $2, but double that and it is still inexpensive.
That's not the expensive part it's the carts my old email got burned by.Google because I refused to link my non existent mobile phone number, So I don't have the email OR the carts. I don't trust EMS after being screwed over and Bleepbloops cost a lot of money. Let alone finding them!

Also none of the Pandoras are with me. The two 1ghz are in a box going to ED for RMA and the CC is coming to serve as a temporary replacement. ( it will arrive before the Pandoras ARRIVE in Germany.. I don't know how long the RMA process takes, so I pulled the trigger on a CC to use in the mean time and maybe flip in the end.) The Pandora is a tool to me. The Chiptune aspect of my life was long before I started writing. A Pandora is a vital tool for my writing. Its like a ladder to a roofer or a top hat to a chimney sweep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really understand what you were saying happened to the email; I also don't have mobile numbers associated with my Google accounts, so I use other methods for password recovery, which is too frequent (I try to use different passwords for everything, and at least 1 of these accounts has a password with over 20 characters...we shall see if I can continue with such lengths).

Anyway, EMS carts do suck, and the only reason they are tolerated is because they are one of the least expensive.  I don't use Windows, but I use the multi-ROM feature on mine, so I have to track down and mess around with the software that has never worked properly for me in an attempt to get everything transfered.  There is a solution coming for that, which is also not cheap.  I don't remember if it will support multiple ROMs.  The real value of Altane for me will be backing up Nanoloop, Game Boy Camera and some games.

I don't think BleepBloops are available much anymore.  There are a lot of bad feelings associated with them, and I really don't have any interest since there are other options available that work better for me.  I was considering a Drag n Derp, but the Everdrive looks like it will be best for me, and I like the ones for my NES, SNES and N64.  That is definitely an expensive cartridge, but it might be worth it for me eventually.  There are also Everdrives for other handhelds that I have wanted for a long time, so I am happy that these are available.  

Back to Game Boys for a moment, there are some more traditional flash carts available, such as the FIGHTERCART and Smartboy.  If you are interested in using your DS Lite for GBA music and such, there might still be some fairly modern options available.  I have one of the older carts from over a decade ago, and one that uses microSD (which are now a headache to get at a decent price).  Eventually I want to get a backlit display for my GBA and a front light for one of my Colors.  If you weren't aware, I think there are simple ways to change out the light sources for Game Gears.  I don't know if there is any good music production software for it, but if so you can pick up an Everdrive for yours.  If you decide to sell you should be able to make back most of your money.

I just wish I had another Pandora.  I keep holding back on sending mine in.  At least you have one on the way to you.  Maybe when you get your 1GHz units back you can lend me your CC. :p  The Pandora is great for games and so much more, but I am not content with using anything but the real hardware when going for certain distinctive sounds.  It is also nice to have the option of playing games in the same way I originally did.  Music has always been an important part of my life, but what I make isn't really pleasant for most people, and it remains a hobby that doesn't make me money.  Writing is a hobby of mine as well, but for me my mind and hastily handwritten notes are better for me, and I don't do that much writing in a professional capacity (only in the sense of doing paperwork, reports, etc.).  My Pandora is a tool for me as well, and it does provide my with knowledge and experience that will bring in some cash.  I wish I had considered this years ago.  When I get a Pyra, if it is even close to what I think it will be, it will probably become so vital to me that I might need to pick up another (maybe with a different SoC).  My CC Pandora is close, but not quite where I need it to be for the same sort of use.

My goal and dream is to be an author. I've completed my first book on the Pandora. Its perfect for me because of size, portability, and its Linux. I have a soft spot for Linux, the Pandora is everything the net book craze promised yet fell on its face with. When I'm done with the CC I'll see what I'll do with it. My fiancee wants a Pandora for typing up stuff so it might be hers, but if not I would have no quarrels lending it out for shipping, or selling it for the price I bought it for.(or rather what it's worth to.me minus the accessories) These devices are meant to be used and after wearing the paint off of my two pandoras I can honestly say I'm a power user.

the Pandora is everything the net book craze promised yet fell on its face with.
This is probably one of the best descriptions of the Pandora, imo.  Yes, it has gaming controls and such, but netbooks kinda seem like the next step up from palmtops, but the Pandora kept it pocket size.

When I'm done with the CC I'll see what I'll do with it. My fiancee wants a Pandora for typing up stuff so it might be hers, but if not I would have no quarrels lending it out for shipping, or selling it for the price I bought it for.(or rather what it's worth to.me minus the accessories)
I was joking.  Sort of.  I don't want to part with mine, but it has to happen, and I really can't afford to spend any more money for a while, nor do I want to keep a Pandora out of a potential user's hands.  In fact, I would suggest giving the CC to her if she would use it, since that might help spread awareness of the Pandora/Pyra.

To keep this somewhat on topic, I haven't looked at prices, however I have been considering getting a Sega Nomad to replace my Genesis/Mega Drive that was lost during a move.  What are people's opinions, preferably owners, on the Nomad?

the Pandora is everything the net book craze promised yet fell on its face with.
This is probably one of the best descriptions of the Pandora, imo. Yes, it has gaming controls and such, but netbooks kinda seem like the next step up from palmtops, but the Pandora kept it pocket size.
When I'm done with the CC I'll see what I'll do with it. My fiancee wants a Pandora for typing up stuff so it might be hers, but if not I would have no quarrels lending it out for shipping, or selling it for the price I bought it for.(or rather what it's worth to.me minus the accessories)
I was joking. Sort of. I don't want to part with mine, but it has to happen, and I really can't afford to spend any more money for a while, nor do I want to keep a Pandora out of a potential user's hands. In fact, I would suggest giving the CC to her if she would use it, since that might help spread awareness of the Pandora/Pyra.

To keep this somewhat on topic, I haven't looked at prices, however I have been considering getting a Sega Nomad to replace my Genesis/Mega Drive that was lost during a move. What are people's opinions, preferably owners, on the Nomad?
Look up the Ashens video. It fills a rather neat niche but the screen suffers from massive ghosting issues. Very cool device. Just there's a reason why its obscure.. however if you can.get one snag it! Theyre really freaking neat.

The original Gameboy Classic

then a cheap LCD Game whit a lot cheap LCD games in it (no gamechild, the games are more blocky..)

A Gameboymicro in green (was realy great but sadly ditnt run Gameboy and Gameboycollorgames

Than a Nintendo DS

Then a Nintendo DS Light..

And a PSP 1004 Fatty,

And a Millenium Sega Megadrive Handheld whit a lot licenced Megadrive games on it..

Whyle i waitet for the Pandora, i bought me a Used blue GBA SP and some Gameboygames from a second hand game store

Then a Nintendo 3DS, some yeahr later a 3DS Xl and a Sony PSVITA

Somethimes in 2012, i got the Pandora wich lets me play games from Atari Lynx, Sega Gamegear, Gp2x, etc..

Now i waiting to buy a Pyra, and the New 3DS XL..

Wonder which one i shall first held in hands..

Back