Surprise! ! ! JXD S7800b incredibly can emulate DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should inform the customs, that those devices are not allowed for import because of illegal software (and probably diverse patent infringement).

Does anyone here know how this works?
I guess you just search for an email address on some website of the German/whatever customs and write them an email. It would probably be better if you could get someone who owns some relevant copyrights to do it, but you could surely try yourself.
You could also notify FSF or EFF, I guess they could help too.

Post Deleted from me.

Sorry i did not knowed that they stealed DraStic.

I oversaw that.

JXD is now for me Death!

Last edited by a moderator:
^lol

I'm actually in the process of ordering another JXD, a s5800. (this will make my 5-6th? jxd device) They're not fantastic or really even good quality, but you arguably get your money's worth and they're fun to tear apart and tinker with. And for ~$100... what the hell right?

I missed the twitter link earlier.  That kinda leads to me thinking that the thread I linked to earlier is obviously trying to direct people to the site being asked about.

I sometimes try to think that not everyone is full of shit...  I should just stick to not trusting any human unless they give me a reason to.

Someone should inform the customs, that those devices are not allowed for import because of illegal software (and probably diverse patent infringement).

I guess you just search for an email address on some website of the German/whatever customs and write them an email. It would probably be better if you could get someone who owns some relevant copyrights to do it, but you could surely try yourself.

I suspect they (JXD) pay these guys ;)

I should just stick to not trusting any human unless they give me a reason to.
You're turning more into me every day ;) , mind you I don't tend to trust people even then. :)
That's why you're a fan of a Miku Hatsune ;)

You're turning more into me every day
Not really.  I am much more kind to humans than I used to be, and I try to follow "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".  Regarding that last bit, either way humans are both malicious and stupid so it is still in my best interest not to trust them.  The fun part is playing with them by exploiting either of those attributes.

I suspect they (JXD) pay these guys ;)
Pay who?In theory they could set up a contract with everyone who holds a copyright on free software they use to get it under an other license in exchange for a sum of money. But this is impossible for a big project with, say, 1000 contributors, where it's enough if a single one refuses.

For projects where FSF holds the copyright: They would never agree on something like this.

EFF: doesn't hold any copyrights as far as I know, and I don't think they could be bribed into non-action.

So all in all: Very unlikely JXD pays anything to anyone whom I mentioned.

That's why you're a fan of a Miku Hatsune ;)
5223ab67e691b22d45883a8e_736.jpg

I am much more kind to humans than I used to be
Sellout. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back