Whats Going On With Gbax

ratx posted on Aug 13 2005 at 03:39 PM said:
In my and Squidges experience the DHL bill didn't arrive for a good week afterwards and for both of us was around the 25 quid figure...

Ah I didnt realise this. DHL, Citylink and parcelforce have all charged me on the doorstep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Aug 9 2005 at 03:42 PM said:
If you bought a PSP from GBAX, you didn't actually buy it from GBAX, and its nothing to do with them (GBAX is just a redirector - they don't even take your payment, so there's not even a contract with GBAX to provide you with the PSP) - you actually bought it from SuccessHK in Hong Kong, and that's where it'll be shipped from. No point in emailing them however, as they just seem to ignore all emails. GBAX will answer your emails, but all they'll say is that it's nothing to do with them (see the link RATX posted).

You'll most likely will not be very happy either that if you visited the SuccessHK website directly, it's cheaper than using the redirector at GBAX, and that most people get charged import duty once the PSP has been delivered.

Of course, GBAX do get commision from this, which is probably why the PSP's are more expensive than buying from SuccessHK directly.

Why Craig pulled this trick I'll never know.

That seems Very unfair :eek: :eek: :eek:

So if you ordered a PSP via the GBAX site link that Redirects you unknowenly to that HK one you dont actually have a Guarantee with GBAX and any faults with the PSP you have to try and contact that HK company??

Let´s face it: Gbax tries to make money out of their good reputation. Look, it´s like this: We pay more for the PSP as we would if wejust purchased it directly from this HK company, but that´s the whole difference! No Gbax customer service or anything...

Nothing can excuse this :angry: !

That seems Very unfair :eek: :eek: :eek:

So if you ordered a PSP via the GBAX site link that Redirects you unknowenly to that HK one you dont actually have a Guarantee with GBAX and any faults with the PSP you have to try and contact that HK company??

That's exactly right. The only difference between the HK and the GBAX redirector site is that the HK site is in dollars, and the redirector site is in uk pounds, and costs more. Well, it did before it was deleted.

Back