Gph Is Being Naughty

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
Well the otherday i was going to buy a TV out cable (on gbax) for my gp2x and on the front page it said it would cost 10£ all inc in UK. i was foolishly happy, when i asked it to caculate the price it came up with 14odd pounds. And i thought, dam that and didnt buy one. anyway the other day in business studies i found out it was illegal to show prices to customers that they would not be able to pay (some random act). Anyway i looked closer and found out that it was the VAT that they did not include on the site, and that is illegal according to my business studies book.
Anyway the whole point of this post was to show my anger :angry:
lol and for people to prove me wrong aswell most likely
and to mayby tell gbax to do something about it. Or just to adjust the prices so that poor people like me dont get their hopes up legal or not.
:D

> Gph Is Being Naughty

There's plenty of things we can blame Gph for, but I don't think this is one of them.

http://gp2x.co.uk/ordergp2x.html
on that page it does not say it will cost 14pounds it says 10, and all inc on an internet site always means delivery, sooo....
anyway i dont really care, just a thing they could change as its not to hard.

pantera6 posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:37 PM said:
Well the otherday i was going to buy a TV out cable (on gbax) for my gp2x and on the front page it said it would cost 10£ all inc in UK. i was foolishly happy, when i asked it to caculate the price it came up with 14odd pounds. And i thought, dam that and didnt buy one. anyway the other day in business studies i found out it was illegal to show prices to customers that they would not be able to pay (some random act). Anyway i looked closer and found out that it was the VAT that they did not include on the site, and that is illegal according to my business studies book.
Anyway the whole point of this post was to show my anger :angry:
lol and for people to prove me wrong aswell most likely
and to mayby tell gbax to do something about it. Or just to adjust the prices so that poor people like me dont get their hopes up legal or not.
:D
For a start its legal to not show oyu the VAT inclusive price until any point before you have actually paid, so that is completly legal. Secondly, delivery is not counted as the price of the actual product itself and all inclusive is put there for some reson when what they mean is that is the total price of the product. Its slightly misleading but very very legal. Also Gbax are not GPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
"All inc." is one of those terms that's used variously. It can mean a number of things including inc. VAT, inc. VAT + del., etc. It's used (perfectly legally) in this case to mean inc. VAT. Plus, you haven't told the ordering system where it needs to ship to, so it doesn't know how much to add for delivery.

And even if you can somehow find a way in which GBAX is illegal, nobody cares.

It's still misleading - I ended up buying extra cables as there is NO WAY it could connect completely in a usable fashion to ANY TV I have seen in the UK.

The sound connections are sockets for a start.

All inc indeed. more like Bull inc. and plenty of it. The postage was expensive as well.

The only redeeming thing was that it was next day.

vic20-ian posted on Apr 5 2006 at 08:22 PM said:
It's still misleading - I ended up buying extra cables as there is NO WAY it could connect completely in a usable fashion to ANY TV I have seen in the UK.

People keep saying that, but it's a TV-Out *adapter*, not a cable. That's why you need a cable to hook it up to a TV. I suppose they could be helpful and give an option to buy one with it.

dont know abour you, but on my cable the audio is standart female,
the "problem" is the male svideo, but a svideo extensions costs just as much as a normal svideo cable, so that dosnt realy matter as well.

vic20-ian posted on Apr 5 2006 at 09:22 PM said:

All inc indeed. more like Bull inc. and plenty of it. The postage was expensive as well.

The only redeeming thing was that it was next day.
Thats because....THATS THE PRICE OF NEXT DAY YOU IDIOT!!!!

nickspoon posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:58 PM said:

what, you mean like if they were to.. oh, i dunno. disobey the GPL or something trivial like that? yeah, i doubt anyone would care. :)

subin posted on Apr 6 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
nickspoon posted on Apr 5 2006 at 06:58 PM said:

what, you mean like if they were to.. oh, i dunno. disobey the GPL or something trivial like that? yeah, i doubt anyone would care. :)
Erm... since when has GBAX done anything to disobey the GPL (unless selling products that disobey the GPL counts as disobeying it, in which case you can ignore me).

Of course, what I meant was, nobody powerful and important enough to do something about it cares. Did you see on the front page of the Sun: "GPH GP2X GPL SCANDAL, MORE ON PAGE 3"?

nickspoon posted on Apr 6 2006 at 07:08 PM said:
Did you see on the front page of the Sun: "GPH GP2X GPL SCANDAL, MORE ON PAGE 3"?

Yeah, but the article seems to have been replaced by boobies :blink:

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back