What Usb Controllers Work With The Gp2x Cradle?

benny32

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting the gp2x cradle, but I'm not sure what game controllers work with the cradle. How many are compatable?

I have a gamecube usb cable adapter, would that work?

Anyway, thanks for any help :)

Everything that doesn´t need special drivers will work. So if you don´t need to install any drivers on your computer for using the GC adaptor, it should work.

Fishbong said:
Everything that doesn´t need special drivers will work.
Hum, that's not completely true, I've got a USB game controller (without drivers) which isn't completely working with the cradle (the directionnal keys aren't recognized :blink: ).
But all my other plug'n'play gamepads are perfectly detected, and even my Dreamcast->USB adapter is working like a charm (my Dreamcast arcade stick with MAME, lovely !!!).

In fact, the cradle compatibility is really good !

Last edited by a moderator:
dimitri2401 said:
In fact, the cradle compatibility is really good !
Hum, it's not the cradle´s compatibility. The cradle is basically just an USB hub. The drivers in the gp2x's firmware are what determines if an USB device works or not.

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. Sounds like my gc adapter will work.

The only other problem I have before buying the cradle is I hear it is hard to put the gp2x into the cradle. Something about how you have to put the cradle together with the gp2x or the unit wont fit.

Can anyone confirm this? Also is the video output on the crade s video or composite.

Thanks

I have an xbox 360 controller will that work. Is payback compatible with an external controller? the GP2X menu?

benny32 said:
The only other problem I have before buying the cradle is I hear it is hard to put the gp2x into the cradle. Something about how you have to put the cradle together with the gp2x or the unit wont fit.

Also is the video output on the crade s video or composite?
The F-200 (maybe the F-100 too) has a rubber cover for the EXT port (the one the cradle plugs into), and when you try to stick it in the cradle, the rubber cover gets in the way. No big deal, a quick tug on the thing with take care of that problem.

I think it's S-video, but you may also have the option for composite. Not sure.

Back