Few Gripes And Questions About The Cradle.

GoogleMyName

Still Fresh
I'm learning quite alot about the machine through this website, and I'm very impressed how helpful people are on here.

My only complaint is about the Cradle itself.

My f-200 fits perfectly on it, but what's the use when it doesn't come with the cables to connect to the tv. Now I also bought the 3m Video Cable as well, Which connects through S-video and the input of the f-200, Which then renders the stand useless.

So My question is what exact cable do I need to connect the entire cradle to a TV?

Also I bought an AC adapter from Radio Shack for the f-200 and it works perfectly. However Once plugged into the cradle, the cradle itself sorta covers the hole to plus the adapter in, And well the cradle Power input is a different type plug all together so Now I have to go and buy another piece for the cradle. I don't see any use out of the cradle itself except for USB inputs.

Thanks for any light shed on this subject.
Alex

Edit... I saw a few topics below that There is no power supply through the cradle itself to the f-200. So my only question is, What cable do I need to just connect the cradle to a TV so I can use the USB ports for controllers.

A S-Video/S-Video cable. Can't remember if it is male-male or female-male, but you'll see the connector in your cradle. This cable probably came with your video-recorder or dvd-player. Anyway, since it is a standard cable you can always visit any tv-shop in your city with your cradle and ask for help.

To connect from cradle to TV, you need a male-male S-Video cable and a regular stereo RCA cable (male-male).

There are some disappointing aspects of the cradle. You're lucky your GP2X slides in at all actually - I had to dismantle mine and loosen the connector so the GP2X could slide onto it. All good now though. The other silly thing is that it covers up the mini USB port on one side, and the power button on the other. My Dremel made quick work of that problem. ;)

I was in two minds about whether it was worth the money. I wanted USB, I wanted TV out, and I also wanted it sitting upright when I was at my desk. I could have done any of these things on their own for next to nothing, but one neat package won out over three DIY jobs. Even if I did have to Dremel the bugger.

Don't rush out to buy a second power supply for the cradle just yet. The GP2X can supply enough power through the Ext port for basic stuff. With the power supply connected to the GP2X, and the GP2X in the cradle, I've happily run TV out along with USB mouse, gamepad and a thumb drive. More power hungry USB devices (wifi, HDD etc) will require you to use a power supply for the cradle though.

Back