What To Play On The Train

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hi Guys

I am going away for the weekend and am catching a train tonight at 6pm. The trip will be 2 1/2 hours and I've loaded my GP32 up with some emulators etc to play on the way. I have about 30Mb free though and I wanted to have a go on a few homebrew games. I'm at work, so I can't spend hours browsing for stuff to try so I thought you lot could help me out...

Basically I was wondering what you guys would recommend I download today from the GP32 File Archive in the way of homebrew for playing on the train. I've tried a few homebrew games in the past but mainly use my GP32 for emulation. What are the most rewarding and most complete homebrew experiences? No RPGs or anything, I only have a couple of hours, I'm thinking pick up and play stuff...

Any ideas?

®

Having just discovered it I'd have to recommend Falldown from Adic 2004.

Lacuna - from the last Gbax compo.

Bolkataxian from Adic 2004 seems pretty good...

NazcaRunners is quite cool...

Both Lily and Tanda are also good from the Adic2004...

And you should try GPwar2 - I've not yet but it looks like it should be good.

Argon0

Bolkataxian: Check.

I thought this looked good at the time, so I'll definately give that a go, as well as Smash GP. When I get my lunchbreak I'll check out the others. I've also remembered Xenon Omega Blast for a bit of frantic action!

Does the GP32 have any really great puzzle/logic type games yet?

®

Last edited by a moderator:
Do ports count?

xRick is spot on.
Balloon and Balloon is pretty good.
GPPang (the old version - not tried the new remakes) is perfect, if you like Pang.

I also really like:

GPAsteroids - perfect if you like Asteroids
Akanoid - perfect if you like Arkanoid
...and anything by Akuma No Houkon for puzzlin fun.

J(ohn)

Well I misread my available SMC space, but I had a trawl through the file archive and loaded up with the following:

Bolkataxian
Electronica
Gloop
GPChess (Couldn't find Mythic Chess)
GPTron
Numo
Perfect Fit
Pyramids 2
Rick Dangerous
Street Fighter 2 Pong
Xenon Omega Blast

I'll let you know what I made of them when I get back...

Cheers Guys

®

clear some stuff and add oh my goddess mania gp tetris game. it kept me going for an hour and a half

Back