What The Hell Is Going On?

How many times does it need to be said - if your not gonna be helpful THEN IGNORE THE FRIGGIN POST

EVERYBODY bitched and moaned about the many, many delays of the european launch and EVERYBODY knew it`d bring a lot of noob`s - Comes with the territory.

If you`ve got nothing constructive to say then bite your toungue and shut the hell up.

Else you just gonna end up sounding like a whiny little bitch

How many times does it need to be said - if your not gonna be helpful THEN IGNORE THE FRIGGIN POST

EVERYBODY bitched and moaned about the many, many delays of the european launch and EVERYBODY knew it`d bring a lot of noob`s - Comes with the territory.

If you`ve got nothing constructive to say then bite your toungue and shut the hell up.

I cheer for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cheer for you.
Indeed - this is the only way to go.

I think there should be fewer stickies, coz people who only check the boards once every other day get swamped by pages of new stuff, coz there are 10 stickies at the top of the page

and i think, when a topic is moved, it should be removed from the forum it is in
atm the post is still there but with an arrow next to it, so u are actually cloning the topic and sticking it in another forum

[donskeeto] Thanks, and always keep in mind: all things are possible, except skiing through a revolving door!

lmao

i use the search function..and look for what i'm after....before i post....
but i do like flaming...it's fun...
not as fun as bluejacking on the train.

I think there should be fewer stickies, coz people who only check the boards once every other day get swamped by pages of new stuff, coz there are 10 stickies at the top of the page
/me shows mattmagoo the "View New Posts" button

/me shows mattmagoo the "View New Posts" button
/mattmagoo being shocked coz he never saw that before

Moved to Suggestions, please don't kill me! :unsure:

OK, let me get a say in here. As hando said, these rules were always upheld by moderators, but now they're written down for all to see. This is so our moderation doesn't seem "random". However, it really boils down to the preferences of the individual mod. Do we expect all our mods to follow the rules to the letter? Hell no. We expect our mods to use their best judgement in any situation.

Now about flaming, which seems like the biggest issue here. Really I don't see what the big deal is. Flaming is not constructive. OK, I admit, saying "Please use the search feature" or "Read the goddamn FAQ" IS constructive and perhaps I was wrong completely editing out people's posts who say it. However, all of those posts said it in a RUDE way, which I don't think should be tolerated. You see, when people are completely new to a subject, they can feel intimidated by all the information available and want answers from a human being instead of trying to decipher someone else's posts. But I understand your concerns, and from now on (personally, in my moderation) I will just change rude response into polite responses which mean the same thing in "I need help..." I don't see the need to ban people or tell them "you're an idiot" for asking stupid questions, what the hell kind of community is that?

About posting in the wrong forum and reading the FAQ...actually, the new stickies are there to both help prevent this AND point out people who are dumbasses for not reading the sticky which says "PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!!!" I'll probably allow a little bit of flaming for these people if you can get to the post before a mod has a chance to move it.

Now, about my moderation style. I'm sorry to say I'm only human. While I believe nearly all of my edits were justified, I do know that I have made mistakes in the past. As you may have noticed, I have relaxed my editing a little over the last week.

Oh, and if I could remove the links to the stickies in the front page, I could.

OK, let me get a say in here. As hando said, these rules were always upheld by moderators, but now they're written down for all to see. This is so our moderation doesn't seem "random". However, it really boils down to the preferences of the individual mod. Do we expect all our mods to follow the rules to the letter? Hell no. We expect our mods to use their best judgement in any situation.
Some of this is new, like the spam thread rules, though.

rcx: don't speak for me, I was away for two weeks, I have missed much of this and only took part in preliminary discussion. Doubt I would have influenced anything differently, though.

don: if you have issues discuss them here, not in IRC behind our backs.

matt and others: the stickies (should) disappear from View New Posts as they are locked and can't be updated with new posts.

all: chill out, I doubt the forums will be different. Stop being melodramatic, this is no slippery slope. I decreased my participation in moderation so some of my more informal practices are being replaced by those of generalnmx, who is clearly putting effort and time into moderation. I applaud his dedication. Ultimately if the rules suck then they will be ignored or we'll be forced to change them, so it should balance out.

Yes we're democratic here. In fact, we're discussing changes to rules that you will probably like more already. Now that the rules are on ink and paper, I find it easier to discuss them as they are tangible. Please suggest/whine/give death threats on the Suggestion board, that's why it's here!

Tonight I hope to instigate Sticky Reduction Plan Phase 1: Cleaning Up A Sticky Mess!

Back