Ooook Why The Hate?

another solution would be to make a "flames" section where people are free to flame without repercussions. pointless flames can also be moved there too.

How about making it so "newbies" can only post in certain fora for the first week - say the "help" fora?

Argon0

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 2 2004 at 09:52 AM said:
another solution would be to make a "flames" section where people are free to flame without repercussions. pointless flames can also be moved there too.
There are whole forums dedicated to flaming. Maybe people could be directed there for a nice argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way that a 'newbie' badge can be set up in the same as a guru automatically to newe users which disappears after a week?

Hmm.. I remember back in the old FIDO days a FLAMES board... it was quite funny to flame all your friends :)
Had some real good flaming these days - and everybody still like each other and are happy :)

Someone doesn't read the stickies! :lol:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=11632
The only thing exempt from these rules is the Spam Thread, where the posting conditions are almost nil, and the Off-Topic Discussion Board, with almost no restriction. However, if we get complaints even in the Off-Topic Discussion Board, then we have some angry mods.

... :ph34r:

Well I have usually been a model of constrant when flames arise, Im usually the one asking for the topic to be locked, or if the flames are light hearted I join in :D . But then Protuss came along, and posted a mashmods topic, when 1 simple search would have found him the answer, or going to the next page. Damn right I flamed his ass.

Result: Warning level++

EDIT: That guys been a member for well over a month, and hes still an idiot.

generalnmx posted on Aug 3 2004 at 07:19 AM said:

Someone doesn't read the stickies! :lol:
That's not the same as one flame area where you can flame and everybody EXPECTS you to do so :)
Great fun, you know :)

Last edited:
Alright I think everyone has a consensus here. I'll abide by the 1-week no newbie flame rule, and ask everyone to do the same or face even stricter discipline then before. Of course, this also means that any newbie here over a week is now fair game.

yaustar posted on Aug 2 2004 at 06:05 AM said:
Is there a way that a 'newbie' badge can be set up in the same as a guru automatically to newe users which disappears after a week?
yeah, you just have to add a User Group as Newbie (or whatever) and assign a badge. then when a certain # of posts is reached (i dont know if you can make it timed... i am not a god of IPB)they are promoted to GP32 User (or whatever) and the badge is removed. :)

generalnmx posted on Aug 6 2004 at 02:14 AM said:
ive got a question. why did a mod put " DOES NOT READ STICKIES !!!111!!" or something bent like that above my sig pic?

Bah I don't get to have any fun? :p
lol :lol:

Back