Possible Solution To The System Volume And Hissssssss?

sciboy

Still Fresh
I could only do so much, not knowing hexadecimal and not being a programmer either.
But i kept an eye on the contents of /proc/drivers/wm9710/registers/ before and after running the Music Player.
Before featuring the all too annoying hiss, and after without, but also there's possibilities for you guys to add better hardware volume controls.

resultsmz5.png

See what you can do with it.

I have no idea what to do but I can explain hexadecimal to you.

in decimal math, which is what we use there are 10 bases a single digit can be:

0-9.

in hexadecimal there are 16.

0-9 are as their decimal equivelants.
then you have:

a = 10
b = 11
c = 12
d = 13
e = 14
f = 15

To add to what Sam said (and to confuse you further), that means that 0x10 is the same as 16 in decimal, 0x11 is 17, 0x12 is 18, etc.

Hex is nice because it's easy to convert to binary. One hex digit works out to 4 bits. 2A in hex becomes 00101010 (the first 4 bits == 2, the last 4 == 10), E6 would become 11100110, etc.

I could only do so much, not knowing hexadecimal and not being a programmer either.
But i kept an eye on the contents of /proc/drivers/wm9710/registers/ before and after running the Music Player.
Before featuring the all too annoying hiss, and after without, but also there's possibilities for you guys to add better hardware volume controls.

resultsmz5.png

See what you can do with it.

Like I said that's could, I could use that, but where is the bits per sample setting? Isn't just there any? Is it 16-bits all the time? Anywhere we can get more doc about that? (I should check out the wiki I guess)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm not the only on who noticed all the "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" and "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" in Musik when I use the GP2X? ^^
First, I thought my new creative In-ears are crap but then I noticed that they are to good! :lol: You hear every Sound-crap produced by the GP2X. Cymbals sounds like tambourine jingles or something but not like cymbals. And I have checked my Music-Files and my In-ear's on PC: normal Sound overall.

Back