What is a fair price for a gp32 in 2016 ?

benoitb

Very Active Member
I'd like to get one for Nostalgia purposes, a friend of mine used to own one.

I found a store I can get one for these prices:
- loose, no light, 40€
- boxed FLU, 80 or 100€, I'm not sure anymore
- SMC 128 mb 20€

I was tempted by the loose console. It doesn't come with a USB cable, can I load my programs with just a card reader instead of a cable ?

I think you need to flash the firmware somehow to do that. You have to flash a custom firmware to be able to load stuff from smc AFAIR. I believe you do need the cable for that. I maybe wrong though, haven't had to do anything like that in a decade. My gp32 is already flashed anyway.

Thnaks for the answers !

I think I'll pass this time. The FLU is too expensive for the little usage I'll have and the loose one will mean headache to track down a cable.

I got a Ngage 2 days ago so I have a toy to keep me busy :) I'll wait for a better deal, mayve in Korea.

Blimming eck, just watched an eBay item finish today for Wanna be Wizard and it ended up at over £200 , there goes my collecting days if prices like that start to appear.

Have not seen this early enough. I got a loose NLU with card and cable last August myself. In these days, if you have only Windows 8, and not an older PC with older Windows, the USB cable is of no use anymore I´m afraid because no working drivers. But with a 10 Euro (at most) multi-card reader, you are safe to go :)

Back