What have you bought recently?

I have a MiSTer, and it's awesome (I also have the original MiST it was derived from). I also preordered the multisystem (luckily quickly enough to get in the first batch) as I much prefer the form factor, and it slightly reminds me of old consoles (which is the point).

There's a lot of impressive development for the MiSTer, and many of the platforms (hardware emulation) work flawlessly.
Do you use a CRT or LCD? HDMI/SCART/VGA?

I'm planning on using a CRT over VGA, and mainly for arcade cores. The whole scaling output situation is confusing me more, the more I read :D
Line doubling and scaler off is what I think I need....

I must admit I get confused with scaling stuff, so I'm not a good person to ask I'm afraid. I have used mine through hdmi and vga and they work perfectly with my lcd monitor (although modern monitors do sometimes struggle or refuse to work with lower resolutions/refresh rates).

I think CRTs should work fine though, and I believe it's possible that some light gun games may even also work.

Just got a Garmin Instinct Solar - Tactical Edition (Black), and just spent my free time yesterday playing with it. So far it's exactly what I wanted in a smartwatch. Basically it's a beefed up pebble watch that even managed to impove the battery life (pebble was 7 days on default settings, this one thinks it will get 24. 12 if i turn on sleep blood oxygen tracking.)

The Garming sounds interesting, allthough im fine whit my Apple Watch, i was more a "G-Shock" Guy, and the Garmin Watches are more on the Range of a Outdoor Smartwatch..
I allready looked for a non Apple Watch some Year ago, but the Garmin i would like to have (whit Solar) was around 600 €...
So i take care on my Current Watch, its gets a Protective Cover when i went to a Farming Work, and the Good Thing is that you can change the Band quite easy: currently i have a Leather Band, but if i would go to a more though work i would change it whit the Textile Band..

photo-2021-11-06-10-17-22.jpg

photo-2021-11-06-10-17-05.jpg

photo-2021-11-06-10-17-19.jpg

photo-2021-11-06-10-17-16.jpg

For our planned local event. >:-]
They can be set to 10 other colors as well, but I only use red.

Last edited:
Looks like a plexigalss lightpipe to me, at least from the lit photos where the light doesn't flood the red channel. Impressively effective though given the light output I wonder if there's a couple of poor overdriven LEDs in that handle or whether it's been designed for longer use.

Looks like a plexigalss lightpipe to me, at least from the lit photos where the light doesn't flood the red channel. Impressively effective though given the light output I wonder if there's a couple of poor overdriven LEDs in that handle or whether it's been designed for longer use.
I've never seen an LED die in any kind of light saber regardless of the manufacturer, what usually gets loose is the connection to the battery or the pipe cracks, the former can be fixed and the latter replaced easily though.
Those are pretty sturdy and made for smashing them against each other, which is what I sometimes do with buddies (in a controlled fashion of course). :D
There are also versions with many LEDs inside the blade which can do way more effects and have evenly distributed light, but the blades there are bloody expensive and aren't as tough.

I've also ordered one with color selection that has a cross guard in order to be able to use some of my HEMA moves in the choreography, but that will arrive sometime in december.

Depending on how realistic the sound and lighting has to be they can get really expensive.

I got myself some Ttgo Meshtastic T-Beam v1.1, for experimenting with LoRa communication via mobile devices and different antenna's.
They are battery operated (18650) so they're portable.
Ttgo-Meshtastic.jpg

I already had a set of Ttgo LoRa32, but they don't work in a mesh.

I wish that they improved the Joy-Cons instead of the screen. Joy-Con drift is stupid and forces me to use 3rd party Joy-Cons which lack motion controls.
They didn't fix the joy-con drift issue, but they did some improvements to delay drift.
I don't understand why they don't drastically alter the design just to remove this issue entirely, possibly it's related to the denial of the issue in the first place.
I replaced the joy-con sticks for ~6euro, which was much cheaper then getting new joy-cons. But the issue is annoying enough that I have off-brand wired controllers also.

Last edited:
That whole discography for $11.70.
Only wanted to get the new album, but they are all good:

I'm usually not into DSBM, but I like that one.

Back