What have you bought recently?

^
Never heard of it, but I'm sure someone somewhere is doing it.

Not sure that would be a feasible long term solution for me though as my internet isn't uncapped. But I would certainly do it a few times with someone willing just for the joy of finally using my cards.
It is probably a stupid idea, but it just seemed like it was a good option to allow you to use them and to let everyone know that others aren't cheating.  Plus you get to show off the collection to others that might care.  I just ran out of time to keep it as a serious hobby a long time ago, and it didn't help things when most of my cards were stolen.  Edit: added quote.  You may want to try to find a place locally to play.  I found out that someone was trying to get tournamnets started at a local college.  I suppose that shouldn't be surprising, just not what I expected.

On topic, I bought a pizza.  It is delicious and I have to force myself not to scarf the whole thing.  I was going to buy the N64 controller I have been wanting for years, but I need to see what is on ebay right now.  Also considering a GB Boy Colour (Game Boy Color clone with backlit display) so I have a way to play GBC carts on an easier to see display (I was going to add a frontlight to one of my real ones, but I don't know what I am doing, and don't have the needed materials/skills).  Thanks to the recent Thinkpad thread I am now considering picking up one from a few years ago, however I have tons of questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys buy a lot of interesting stuff. I don't buy anything. It's weird, it's like I think there's a lot of neat things here on an intellectual level but can't actually work up any kind of excitement, curiosity, or motivation to get anything like that myself. Maybe I should buy anti-depressants or something instead -_-

Maybe those that buy a bunch of stuff need anti-depressants.  What sort of things are you into?  I have a Revomaze Silver (the only one I own) that I have been working on for years and have still not opened.  If you are into puzzles and figuring things out pick one up.

I managed to get rid of lots of stuff- dropped off a couple of tubs of toys ( Mighty Max, Alien, Micro Machines ) at the charity shop. I see these looooooong lists of stuff and wonder where on earth anyone puts it? Each to their own, of course, but I've got a growing aversion to clutter- like an anti-hoarder.

Every time I look at something I *could* buy I think about my savings, which I've been rigorously protecting, and the Pyra, which would be harder to justify if I had x y and z cluttering up my life.

But hey, I bought some new socks this weekend and dug some MakeBlock kit out of storage at work so I'm good to go if I ever get some time free to tinker with it. Which considering, my current obsession-level phase of writing code for Flotilla, is probably never.

So in conclusion- yay, I can live a vicarious alternate life through your baffling pictures of bobble headed crap :D *ducks*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't actually made the purchase yet, but I've been comparing digital pianos. Currently I have it narrowed down to the Kawai CA 97 and the Yamaha CLP 585.

Both the top range models in their series and fairly high end digital pianos in general (asking price in the 3000 ~ 4500 bracket, the next bracket is 10.000+ euros, which is way more than I am willing to spend).

If I had more money, more space and fewer neighbours then I would just get a grand piano :p

I need to make another visit to the Piano store and play and listen some more. Well, that's the plan for the upcoming holiday period :)
The Kawai CAs are very nice instruments. I do prefer their feel over Yamaha's. I do own a CA-65, though. Didn't get the 95 then, because with earphones the difference is only the additional builtin sounds (some of them are quite nice, but I do have an old but quite good sounding upright piano for when I want to annoy the neighbors:)

Seems to be the same situation with the 67/97, but if you want to use the builtin speakers the 9x is probably worth the higher price.

I recently found one bug in the 65 firmware, that might still be present in the 67/97 series: hitting a key, pressing the right pedal, releasing the key, hitting the same key again (while still holding the pedal), then releasing the pedal will mute the first attack of the key while the second is sustained (most obvious if they have different volume).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kawai CAs are very nice instruments. I do prefer their feel over Yamaha's.
That was my impression as well last time I played them. Slightly better action on the CAs, though I prefer the sound of the Yamaha.
I read about issues with the Kawai digitals quite a bit more often than with the Yamahas. Makes you wonder if there is any statistical significance to it...

I can't say. There has been a firmware update that according to the changelog fixed some other exotic cases that I never experienced (installed it anyway). Might well be that Yamaha's quality control is better. Still I'm quite happy with it and sometimes - depending on my mood - prefer it over the real piano.

A ring watch.

51D6GeOzbYL._SX200_.jpg
51FQ81mZnkL._SX200_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KMTS1Z0

A few month ago I got my new car, I still get excited just looking at it, and it drives like a dream:

renault-laguna-coupe-media-gallery-07.JPG

You guys buy a lot of interesting stuff. I don't buy anything. It's weird, it's like I think there's a lot of neat things here on an intellectual level but can't actually work up any kind of excitement, curiosity, or motivation to get anything like that myself. Maybe I should buy anti-depressants or something instead -_-
Make a dummy Google account and buy this.

A Ipod Touch 5g 32 gb in blue

A TPU Case and a Frist Case for it

A Nike + Pedomenter sensor and a little pouch for it to put it on non Nike Shous..

And a Irig2 Guitarr Adapter to transform the Touch in a E-Guitar or E-Bass Amp :)

Works pretty well and its my first IOS Device

I have some Apps on it, but nothing spezial, as i wants it only to listen to Musik, for Sports, and for Guitar Playing via Irig2 and Garrageband..

Back