What have you bought recently?

n-gage_qd.jpg

N-Gage QD

ThinkPad X220.  It is the i7 (2640M) version, currently with 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD.  I haven't messed with it too much yet since I am still waiting on the dock I purchased that includes 65w and 90w adapters (the computer came without one).  Even if they aren't of the same quality as they were when IBM was making them, I waited too long to buy another one.

OEM 1958 vw bug steering shaft, I'm currently installing it into my 1958 bug.  :p   45 shipped.

And oh yeah... Plates for my 1966 chassis that i'm selling since this state can't transfer a title without giving it plates.... Thing has no body or nothing so I guess I can flintstone it down the highway if desired. :blink:  That's a whooping 83.50... Once the damn title comes in then I can collect my 600 I sold it for. :rolleyes:

A new angle grinder 79.84....

Tow dolly rental for a car we didn't end up buying 65 dollars...

this is how my paycheck felt

lcxyE0D.gif

:wacko:  Now I need to go get a certain sized socket and 6 quarts of oil for my engine I've rebuilt. :blink:

T2e_C16_RHJF0_E9nm_FSICIBRK_2vn_JWg_60_35.jpg

A cheapy cheap aluminium case to store my weekly bus ticket in, because the ticket holders that the bus company give out with the tickets are crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
HP Zbook 15 G2 - Mobile Workstation  :)

20150903_181632.jpg

@DaMummy, How do these perfrom for you so far (compared to a traditional cat-7/6 ethernet cable that is)?

@DaMummy, How do these perfrom for you so far (compared to a traditional cat-7/6 ethernet cable that is)?
Depending on the device, just as good/fast. If running a cable from your modem/router/switch isn't doable to a certain degree, these things work wonders. The most you get in a real world environment without just plugging two adapters into the same socket, but actually on different floor, is about 150mbps from the better/new versions. Though as I'm now facing with this one, it puts out a lot of electrical noise, so if you have some sound system plugged in, it can cause some issues. It's putting out a lot of noise through the amp/dac setup I use on the computer that the powerline is connected to and I've no idea how to....fix? this. Connecting the powerline through a surge protected cuts out some of the noise, but it also cut the speed down to like 30mbps :{ so I have to keep trying other things.

@DaMummy, These cheap little things are probably more of a fad when it comes to lowering electricity bills, but might have a decent function as local power stabalizers (they're basically just encased big capacitors that plug into power outlets). Although i'm not sure if one of these "power savers" will cause any packet loss as with the surge protector, if you come across one, you can try and see if plugging it near the ethernet adaptor helps.

Also if it becomes a real problem you can try using some other wall wiring near your PC, such as phone-lines or coax cables.

Back