What have you bought recently?

@matzesu What type of can opener do you prefer? I've used both, and the pointy one I use diagonally, making holes when torquing up. the other one is a bit of a hassle, as you puncture the lid around the can, and sometimes leaves threads of metal, which are hard to cut.
Which do you prefer?

Between a Victorinox, a P-38, a P-51, a common disc one used in a kitchen, and an electric one, I prefer the disc type. Next is the Victorinox, as it is more comfortable to hold. The two tiny ones are about even, although the smaller one is easier to keep on keys but harder to hold and use as an improvised screwdriver or paying tool, so I go with the big one. I don't know why I don't like electric ones. I would use it before the small ones, but I would prefer the Victorinox over then electric.

Worst of all are the cans with the tab to peel off the top, but then the top breaks off.

Several weeks ago I bought unfiltered raw honey. I think I like it better than "normal" honey. If they do less to it why is it more expensive? @matzesu, any insider info?

Persona 5 for PS4.

Enjoying it quite a bit, actually. It's about a young guy, who all the adults hate, because he doesn't behave. Also, he's a slice of pizza that makes bad jokes.

Okay, maybe that last part was a lie, but otherwise the game is a total JDTAY simulator so far.

Most of the Can Openers in our Kitchen ditnt work well, exspecialy whit all the diverent types of cans, so i think i prefer the SAK Can Opener (Wenger or Victorinox)..

And i bought yesterday the Tapatalk Pro App, because i was quite disapointet that i have to delete Spambots at forum.gp2x.de, (the german Pandora Board), but there is a lot offiziall Spam in the Tabatalk App..

I have one Wenger (the Original S557) and lots of Victorinox (Swisstool, Swisschamp XLT, Workchamp, Huntsman Light, and the Delemont S557),
I liket my Victorinox, but the Problem on Victorinox is, that they usaly ditnt have lockable Blades in the 91 mm line, so there are bit dangerous to work whit,
The Workchamp is 111 mm and got a lockable Blade..
So i was in search for a SAK whit lockable Blade and came to the Wenger S557/Victorinox Delemont,
When i bought it some years ago, i ditnt knowd if the second blade is also a Nail Cleaner/Nail File on the Victorinox S557, so i bought the Original Wenger..

I liked its seratet wenger scissors, and the ajustable plier, but on my Knife, some of the tools where pretty thought to fold out,
i used it long, and when i bought the Swisschamp XLT, i put the Wenger in my Running Pack (because the Swisschamp was way to heavy..)

When i weared the Swisschamp, i also took a second knife whit mee, because the 300000 Tools on the Swisschamp need too long to fold out if i want to clean the SAK..

This year i bought me the Victorinox Delemont S557, its the same knife as the Wenger but whit some Victorinox tools..

So the Delemont S557 is mybe the best knife between Wenger and Victorinox:
You get a Lockable Blade like on Wenger,
You get your Seratet Scissors like on Wenger,
the Can Opener whit the little Screewdriver from Victorinox
and the Ale from Victorinox..

I wants to downsize this year, one Knife, in my Pockets, not two ,
also the Pyra will be a bit thicker than the Pandora, which means i need more space..

@matzesu, did you see my honey question?

You gave me some things to consider with SAKs. I will look up which one I settled on (only one I haven't lost, and I keep a dummy cord from it to my belt to keep it that way) and tell you. The blades still don't lock. I have a couple pocket knives with locking blades, but for real work I have fixed blade knives (which are against the law here...).

whe make our honey the normal way: put the frames out of the hive, decapping the wax caps whit a knive or so, than put the frames in a centrifuge where they beeing turn fast lots of turn around, and the honey thats flows out of the centrifuge (spinner) , and gets trou a filter so there arend any wax particels anymore,
So yes, our honey also got filtered, but not that industrial scale that nothing isnt more in..

whe make our honey the normal way: put the frames out of the hive, decapping the wax caps whit a knive or so, than put the frames in a centrifuge where they beeing turn fast lots of turn around, and the honey thats flows out of the centrifuge (spinner) , and gets trou a filter so there arend any wax particels anymore,
So yes, our honey also got filtered, but not that industrial scale that nothing isnt more in..
That almost sounds like this, although there are particles of something. Either way, I like it better. I love honey, so if I had to get the other stuff I would still be happy.

i would be happy if whe take the off topic discussions to my new thread https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...threadt-lots-of-off-topic.82472/#post-1430300

I bought today a new Carrycase for my Nintendo Switch, whit place for 4 Joycon on the Coverpocket, and the Switch fits whit 2 Joycon atached, this means in my case, as i only own 2 Joycon which came whit the Switch i can put some other stuff in the Coverpocket,
GBA Micro whit Everdrive GBA, and my 24 in 1 Switch Gamecase, or DS Light whit Everdrive GBA and the Gamecase, according to the space i have left..
Pictores are following when i got the Case..

Hi all !

Just received "Machine Head: Catharsis", picture LP from Nuclear Blast.

That and a bottle of Lagavulin 16 years (not actually bought that one, it's a present from when I turned 35) ;)

Night is all mine...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Which do you prefer?
Well, there is a difference in having one in the kitchen, and one for on the go.

What I have and like is this one (Pandora for scale)
current.jpg

As for the models on-the-go

canopeners.jpg

I am curious about A, it seems ideal to cut the threads of metal away with the crest shaped point.
I have many of B, Very useful
I have had one C, it only works to make a hole and get air into a can if you have these cans with rotating lid. Never could cut a can with it.
I am curious about D. Are thy useful?
E works very good, only you need to cut smaller pieces of can lid, so it is more work.
I have something similar to F, the initial puncture is harder, but because it is not pointy, it looks safer.

Hi all !

Just received "Machine Head: Catharsis", picture LP from Nuclear Blast.

That and a bottle of Lagavulin 16 years (not actually bought that one, it's a present from when I turned 35) ;)

Night is all mine...

Cheers, Magic Sam

That is a delicious Scotch! Laphroig has a similar, but not as good taste...also cheaper though

Yeah, the old Lag is how I got a taste for Islay whiskeys. Shame they aren't nearly as cheap as they used to be once upon a time. Never been a particular fan of the Laph though, I think Bunahabhain (sp?) and Ardbeg are my other favourites. I used to also be a fan of Talisker, off of Skye, but the last bottle of that had none of the smoky power it used to. Highland Park from Orkney is still the old dependable though.

^making a list to try out. Please share more opinions.

Well, there is a difference in having one in the kitchen, and one for on the go.

What I have and like is this one (Pandora for scale)
View attachment 31416

As for the models on-the-go

View attachment 31417

I am curious about A, it seems ideal to cut the threads of metal away with the crest shaped point.
I have many of B, Very useful
I have had one C, it only works to make a hole and get air into a can if you have these cans with rotating lid. Never could cut a can with it.
I am curious about D. Are thy useful?
E works very good, only you need to cut smaller pieces of can lid, so it is more work.
I have something similar to F, the initial puncture is harder, but because it is not pointy, it looks safer.
C is my favorite for on the go, and I sometimes use it at home (I have been using these since I was very young). E looks very similar. Isn't F a bottle opener? I want to give D a spin. A is rather odd.

my Swiss Army knife has both E and F. i also thought F was a bottle opener . I got mine way back in 1992 and has " Officier Suisse" on the long blade. What i found out by accident is that the small grey plastic holder for the magnifing glass is perfectly placed as to be a loupe if rest the knife on its side. perfect focal length and has made it easy to read small component markings ...

Attachments

• victorinox-switzerland-rostfrei-swiss-army-knife-officier-suisse-17-function.jpg
    victorinox-switzerland-rostfrei-swiss-army-knife-officier-suisse-17-function.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 172
Yeah, the old Lag is how I got a taste for Islay whiskeys. Shame they aren't nearly as cheap as they used to be once upon a time. Never been a particular fan of the Laph though, I think Bunahabhain (sp?) and Ardbeg are my other favourites. I used to also be a fan of Talisker, off of Skye, but the last bottle of that had none of the smoky power it used to. Highland Park from Orkney is still the old dependable though.

I'll have to give some of those a try. I am a bit spoiled as there is a burbon/scotch place near me that will smok the scotch/bourbon infront of you with wood chips. So i usually get a bourbon smoked

Jepp, F is the Bottle Opener,

Some Pics of my Switch Carry Case which arived today:
019d3a4103f1da9fafe1df0cab38669c.jpg
baea0f399127b901340a81ae0e14fc11.jpg
e3e6a7076ccfd0b7eb1b0a00238e8b3f.jpg

Thanks to the GBA Everdrive, I now have all of my GB GBC and GBA Games, my Switch Games and 9 of my favorite DS Games in one Package:)
It’s just a bit thigh because there is the Battery Case on the Switch..

my Swiss Army knife has both E and F. i also thought F was a bottle opener . I got mine way back in 1992 and has " Officier Suisse" on the long blade. What i found out by accident is that the small grey plastic holder for the magnifing glass is perfectly placed as to be a loupe if rest the knife on its side. perfect focal length and has made it easy to read small component markings ...
Mine doesn't have the magnifying lens, corkscrew, ruler thing, and whatever that thing in the middle on the back is. The ruler might be helpful. I made sure that I would actually use everything in it before picking one, and wanted to have as many bases covered as possible in case I got lost somewhere and might be able to use the told to keep me alive. I misuse the hook, but otherwise I have used everything on mine, although the tweezers suck.

I'll have to give some of those a try. I am a bit spoiled as there is a burbon/scotch place near me that will smok the scotch/bourbon infront of you with wood chips. So i usually get a bourbon smoked
I've never really considered how the smokey flavour gets into the whiskey - I guess it might come from the charred sherry barrels it can be aged in, but they're all fairly secretive about their exact processes. I don't think direct fire is applied to any of the ingredients and indeed the flavour I'm detecting might not actually have anything to do with fire or charcoal, but might just be an unusual phenol or something.

How do you smoke a liquid anyway? I'm aware of the way they smoke kippers, but I'd have thought smoke passing over a dram wouldn't mix much with it. Or do they bubble the vapours through it or something?

Either way, sounds like a way to ruin a drink.

I bought a pair of plastic cutting sheets at the dollar store earlier to make a really horrible sheath for one of my knives so I can stop getting yelled at for leaving it sitting around. (Somehow the ones stuck to a magnetic strip on the side of a cabinet are less dangerous.) The sheath looks worse than it sounds, and is translucent. I kinda want to get a proper sheath for it, but I don't want to pay more for a custom one than I did in parts to make the knife.

Back