What have you bought recently?

Screenshot_2016-11-28-08-48-17.png

Now I have a friend quality controller. You didn't think I'd let them use my Buffalo one did you? ;)

This is something that I've had bought for me (early Christmas gift) rather than bought myself, but it's my thread so I can do what I want. :p

Obligatory photos:

PICT0001.jpg PICT0002.jpg PICT0004.jpg PICT0007.jpg PICT0008.jpg PICT0009.jpg PICT0010.jpg

Edit:

PICT0004.jpg PICT0006.jpg PICT0012.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the two latest Pokemon games.

I need something in my life. It's been rough.

This is something that I've had bought for me (early Christmas gift) rather than bought myself, but it's my thread so I can do what I want. :p
I was thinking about buying one of these as a necklace, not this model but one that looked like a 70s retro camera.
Somehow glad i did not....

Pre-ordered the Pyra yesterday.

One of the proudest purchases I've made this year. Even as a non-contributor who spams* the living hell out of the Off-Topic sub-forum, I'm so glad to be a part of this community. I've never seen a project pull out of its own ashes by its bootstraps, and it makes me happy that the head honcho is an honest, hard-working person who leads the project as a passion.

*not actual spam, pls don't hurt me, mods

Edit: This is my 200th post. Ho-lee chit. Not bad.

Needed a USB stick to install Linux to my machines. Apparently that's impossible using unetbootin and an external hard drive, or too complicated for me? I did find a sandisk at a local supermarket. 32GB, USB3.0 and no cap to lose for just 10€, color me surprised.

So now I'm patiently waiting for upates to download over my blazingly fast 1MBit connection. But looking forward to multibooting and ditching Windows for non-gaming stuff, because recent outbreaks of barely contained rage happened due to several infuriating kinks.

Was about to pick Ubuntu again, but thought of Pyra and how that will be Debian, too, so that's my new OS now. Will also go on my old X60t, because it's apparently neigh-impossible to get screen rotation and screen face buttons working under win8+. My old Desktop, sitting at a friends' house, will get the same treatment. Whether he likes it or not >:-|

This is also the first time I'm installing an OS to my SSD - looking forward to a speed boost!

Jane bought me a Raspberry Pi 3 for Christmas, now looking for some interesting projects to try.

I've got memory cards set-up for Amibian and RetroPie but want to try something more in depth.

Can anyone recommend a coding course/language for the absolute beginner, I would prefer a physical book that I can read on the go if possible.

Can anyone recommend a coding course/language for the absolute beginner, I would prefer a physical book that I can read on the go if possible.
Python seems to be a popular entry point. I've read that there's a lot of stuff for the Pi. PyGame allows you to do graphical stuff with SDL. Of course there's different opinions on the matter. I started out with c++ and hae to say that it's quite daunting.

Bought an ocarina. finger placement for the right pinky is a bit uncomfortable due to the shape. As easy as the harmonica. But less expressive than a flute.
Also: blue porcelain.

@Ian J : https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide

And I recommend http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianInstaller as the OS

Last edited:
Bought a ps4 pro and Last Guardian.

I wanted to play that game, but that makes it a rather expensive game. Would have prefered to buy it on pc but this is not possible. I'm getting a return of investment by borrowing free ps4 games from the public library.

It's not hard to get used to ocarinas! :D
I'm playing a truckload of instruments but never really managed to play any of my ocarinas properly. Imho it's one of the harder to learn/play wind instruments.
Then again may fingers are too small for the quite large holes of my dual chamber ocarina which seems to be the best one, had this problem with most Low-D whistles too.

Then again may fingers are too small for the quite large holes
I have fat fingers... so holes is not a problem. What is though are the high tones where you have to let go of the holes, and actually have to hold the ocarina with 2 fingers, while blowing very hard to get the tone, then I tend to hold it too crampy. The small holes are for black notes, but I tend to either use another combination, or half-close a hole... except for the lower D, where you need to close all holes. Each higher tone needs more air to sound pure. And thus, with melody, you also need to pace your airflow (I forget to breath well all too often, and find myself pausing quite a bit...)

Keramische-Ocarina-12holes--Fluit.jpg

Also, I find the most difficult flute the Kena, you see, try as I might, I could never get a sound out of it... because you need to put your lip in a certain way.
[doublepost=1483644845,1483644603][/doublepost]Ah, dual chamber! That one has MORE holes.. I am struggling to get that range out of mine (single chamber):

Last edited:
Also, I find the most difficult flute the Kena, you see, try as I might, I could never get a sound out of it... because you need to put your lip in a certain way.
By boss can play all those kinds of flutes where you have to blow at the edge, some are even more primitive but sound quite beautiful.
Ah, dual chamber! That one has MORE holes.. I am struggling to get that range out of mine (single chamber):
Yep, I've got an older version of this model in black, mine doesn't have the additional hole at the tip though.

The only small instruments I can somewhat play properly are the usual 6 hole whistles (got some pretty expensive ones made of carbon fibre) and jaw's harps.

Back