What have you bought recently?

A new mobile phone. The mobile phone companies in the UK are due to turn off their 2g and 3g networks whenever they feel like it, so I thought I'd get something a bit more future proof and with a few more features.

Old phone.

New phone.

As usual I didn't pay anywhere near manufacturer prices. I paid £12.XX for the Nokia 105 and £27.16 for the Nokia 110. I could of course have saved even more money by having my PinePhone as my only phone, but I prefer having two phones just in case something happens to one of them.

Say @Null Which sim card fits in there? Still using a fat one and i cant find a phone for it anymore.

In other news: I ordered 40 steel leaders for fishing, thats literally a dumb tiny wire with a loop in case you dont fish. And amazon decided to pack this in a giant fucking moving box fully padded to the brim. Like yea sure, this steel wire could be fragile, its made in china after all.

I trimmed my old phat sim card using a pointy knife. I'd already invested in some shims that would convert smaller sims up to the next size up, so I could check it against those before finishing cutting.

IMG_20220930_003059.jpg

No, I don't have four arms/hands, I wish. The silent tactile one's for the workplace.
Now, I'm still waiting for the blank keycaps.

The chip part of a sim has different sizes too tho, and i have also the phat chip, so i cant trim.

The keycaps arrived. Now the boards look like that. (top to bottom: tactile, clicky, LOUD)
IMG_20220930_151909.jpg

I like the new boards very much. The tactile switches aren't just not clicky, but dampened - feels and sounds very nice. Also, the Matias switches on the previous model gave you extra resistance, when hit at an angle. That's gone now.
And of course the mechanical and my logical layout are the best. Don't wanna type on anything else no more.

But I can't seem to be happy with the keycaps. I'd love caps, that are painted black (or - why not - opaque off-white) and uniformly translucently labeled with a big spot or rounded rectangle. No luck on that front. Those don't get made. And I can't make something like it from the blank black ones with abbrasive maneuvers, since they're of a solid black material.
As said in one of the backer updates, on the new model the keycaps have shorter skirts for more sexy light bleed or sth. like that. They are too short though. At an angle - so from the normal user's perspective - the light bleed is riddeled with spots of high light density. Not very ergonomical.

Never attempted it. For software projects I use Kate to write and mk to build.

Finally got me some stands for my speakers. Now the desk ain't so cramped no more and the speakers are on the right height. I can here them again properly, yeah.

IMG_20221007_200605.jpg

Finally got me some stands for my speakers. Now the desk ain't so cramped no more and the speakers are on the right height. I can here them again properly, yeah.

View attachment 38368
Tidy!
What's connected to the Startec KVM?

For now. When there's space stuff creeps in. :)
What's connected to the Startec KVM?
Just my PC, the docking station left of it - for the work laptop, which I put in tent mode on the round table there - and the Switch - for the few occasions of text to input. But the KVM is VGA, which is why there's an Aten HDMI switch on top. The Aten is not what I had hoped for, though. It doesn't fake a sink for the inactive sources, which fucks up my workspace layout and dpi settings everytime I switch from the work laptop to something else. And between the Aten and the screen is an HDMI audio extractor routing audio to my DAC.

Back