What have you bought recently?

yes, but it's USB and recognised as HID mouse/joystick

by the way, I just finally was able to make the wiimote working on Windows... I'm not sure about it, but maybe it's because I had Dolphin running while pairing... it took anyway 30 minutes of disconnection/reconnection... now it's stable for the first time ever... I fear disconnecting it now... anyway I don't have a wiibar to try :(

I ordered a proper gun just because I had a week of failures with the wiimote (this could have been cheaper indeed)
I had the opposite experience many years ago, I wanted to buy a light-gun but those that were available didn't seem to have a lot of maintenance for the drivers. It was during the switch to 64 bits OS, and I didn't want to end up with a lightgun with only 32 bits drivers. So I went for the wiimote instead. It was ok, but not as good as the CRT lightguns I used before.

A major problem I had was that the positionning felt like it was relative, not absolute. But I still had a lot of fun playing Sin&Punishment with a StepMania pad and the Wiimote gun. That was quite intense and exhausting, but fun.

thanks to a reminder by @ElPoco, picked up a dance mat or two for Stepmania. as it's getting winter here soon, it will be nice to have indoor exercise machines...

I had the opposite experience many years ago, I wanted to buy a light-gun but those that were available didn't seem to have a lot of maintenance for the drivers. It was during the switch to 64 bits OS, and I didn't want to end up with a lightgun with only 32 bits drivers. So I went for the wiimote instead. It was ok, but not as good as the CRT lightguns I used before.

A major problem I had was that the positionning felt like it was relative, not absolute. But I still had a lot of fun playing Sin&Punishment with a StepMania pad and the Wiimote gun. That was quite intense and exhausting, but fun.

The one I choose doesn't need particular drivers, the standard ones just works, it is recognized by Linux too.

If you google "wiimote pc disconnect" you'll find that a lot of people had issues with it... to make it work "one time" (because I'm not able to make it work anymore, just waiting for a lucky strike) I had to tell windows not to search for drivers online, and had to keep Dolphin constantly searching for a wiimote and at the same time stopping/running many times GlovePIE during the pairing... anyway, everytime Dolphin searches for a wiimote, makes my other attached gamepad vibrate forever, and even if I unplug/replug it with the emulator closed it starts again to vibrate until I reboot the PC...

It's really too much trouble for just playing some shooters

EDIT: I was able to connect the wiimote again, and "emulated" the wiibar using 2 candles !! works great !! XD

Last edited:
A Sony PRS-505 e-reader because reasons + it was cheap.

Update: Finally got the PRS+ firmware installed.

First I tried installing the latest stable version, the installer wouldn't start. Then I tried the alpha version, the installer started successfully, backed up the original firmware then threw up a type mismatch error. At that point I thought balls to this and force flashed the firmware then rebooted the reader, amazingly it booted successfully and everything appears to be working properly.

Dragonquest VII Fragments of the forgotten past
For the Nintendo 3DS, which means enough playtime until the Pyra will be released:)

f7a64e6adc5aa6ecc4a0a7dd05b00237.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Klugschnurlosfehrnsprecher mit Plauderbrettweichware

Ya boy just had his cake-day last week! Now I gotta show the peeps some of what I got!

20160929_143442.jpg

Find that item! In no particular order:

-Pebble Time Round (w/ green Fossil wrist strap): I'm by no means a weight weenie, but even I can appreciate how small and light this Pebble is. Got it in an eBay auction (I hate losing, so spent more money than I needed to, but still spent less than if I got it from BestBuy/Pebble direct). Worth the money, even though I'm less than impressed with the battery life. Sure, charges fast, lightweight, blah-blah, but I don't think I'll be using any "smart-straps" in the near future. Might've appreciated getting a Pebble Steel more, but I still really like it.

Also, wanted to get a nice strap because I don't like the strap it came with.

-Handmade leather wallet & keyring strap from Koch USA: My dad got himself and me these and was really proud of the purchase and company. So am I; the wallet's fire.

FUTURES Vol. 2 cassette tape: Posted the comp in the music thread last month. Pulled the trigger when I saw it on Discogs. Took a quarter-century to arrive, but I got in in the condition described. Inner Ocean Records is a small Canadian label that specializes in lo-fi music, and they make limited-release tapes. This particular one is very nice. The music is great as well.

Midnight Animal evil GameBoy tape by Nounverber: My friend got me this. He also told me that Nounverber, who makes video game music (some of which is on Hotline Miami), just so happens to live in New Orleans! He sold these tapes through his Bandcamp, and he had a few left. Can't find these online anymore. By the way, the music's really nice. Check him out!

"True Blue" Air Jordan 1s: Got them from a friend for free, and they were filthy as hell. Still in great condition, but damn. Took me an hour to clean and re-lace them since I don't like how most shoes are pre-laced. They're looking nice and crispy now. These are actually starting to change the way I think about shoes with mostly white color schemes.

Wii U gamepad and Pro controller: Got the gamepad for less than what Nintendo charges to fix mine. Got the controller from Gamestop. Now all I need is to see if my friend still wants his Smash Bros. disc...

Infrared/Wolf Grey Air Jordan XX9s: They were on sale at Foot Locker, and I thought they were nice for the price. I just so happened to have red shoelaces. Time to spend more time than I should on lacing my shoes again!!!

Resident Evil 5: Talked to one of my friends about playing some games online together (esp. since he loves NBA 2k and I don't). Agreed on Resident Evil. Found it at Gamestop for less money (my little bro's a Pro member) than on PSN and decided to pull the trigger.

Glass bottle w/ railroad nail: Rault's is a keysmith+locksmith on Magazine St. that deals in anything from professional-level safes and commercial gate locks to just copying keys (which is the only reason I really go) and decided to get the bottle because I thought it was nice. They also have jewelry with authentic antique keys/locks, but a lot of it is either not my type or too expensive.

The only reason the empty bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade are there is because I was cleaning my room and found them under my bed. Decided to include them in the picture because YA BOY CAN LEGALLY DESTROY HIS LIVER NOW!!!!!

Also, a Trader Joe's just opened in Metarie a few days ago. Never seen one in my entire life. It's really nice when all of Jefferson Parish isn't in the fucking store. Besides that, I really like their cookie butter and chicken truffle pate.

You can get a lot of brilliant DRM-free PC games for so much money and they don't need any physical space. ;)

Preaching to the converted my friend Looong time PC gamer here (my preferred platform) The PS4 is a surprise flat warming gift for my Sister & with all the digital games on my account which I'll no doubt be sharing, I'd say she's done pretty well!

Haven't really bought it yet, still on the fence, but thinking about getting an OLPC XO-4 for my daughter. Seems like a pretty cool rig and it's another ARM linux computer to add to my collection. But they want ~500 bucks Canadian for it and I'm not sure its worth it.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-4_Touch

I got the Halloween III Season of the Witch pumpkin mask, for tomorrow's halloween party, pretty sweet, kind of wanted one for a long time as I like the film

o0s744.jpg

Then, just sitting here on my sofa, I noticed that I've been pretty orange in my buying today ... Went to Sainsbury's [which if you from UK you know this is an orange branding styled shop], where I bought orange Matchmakers and orange cheese balls.
And of course I have my usual nightly drink of Ginger Beer

...sp00ky

Drinking + Ebay and I have an Amiga A600 coming assuming the sale wasn't shady.
I'm also in queue to order a Vampire A600V2 accelerator card.

I just ordered the Royole Moon. It s a mobile 3d headset. I wonder if it will be as good as they say it be. But it s interesting with the integratet moon os and not to have to wear glasses under it with a 1080 resolution per eye.

http://www.royole.com/en/moon

Back