Fgb32 Splash Background Suggestions

Horscht: Kirbys Dreamland 2 does indeed have a SGB palette. Thanks for pointing that out. I wish Super Mario Land 2 did likewise.

generalnmx: Fair point about Tetris, i ought to include a L block or something from DX. I have Link from Links Awakening DX. No Mario from SML2, but he is the icon chr. If there was a colour version Id nab it immediately. Maybe I should colour him in myself? I do have Pikachu on the splash also.

joeybob: fair enough, it is a little crowded. the group shots often work better on a scrolling landscape where i can put chrs behind each other in several lines. Id like to try and do this with the second background i use.

tix: Game And Watch eh? Ill look into it altho i think others here have given more evocative examples of the GB.

and thanks for the tip _me_

I still see a lot of love for the GB box idea. If you can find a large size box scan (or an advert that uses the same shot) it would make the possibility *more* likely.
I think I ought to natter to ol Rlyeh about the contents from this thread and see what he thinks as after all he is the customer here ;)

gameboy1.jpg
;)

You could simply spell out the title in Tetris blocks like a screeshot, that would be simple but effective, and put all the ©info etc in the score & level boxes...

®

Looks nice. but it is a little crowded, I can't make alot of it out (Note: I'm drunk), Maybe less charecters, 'cause the GB/C isn't as good looking as MD graphics. Ok, I talk shit...

Antiriad posted on Oct 16 2004 at 05:23 PM said:
*BUMP*

Right gentlemen, what do you think of this?

fGB32screen.jpg

Does look a tad cluttered, but damn fine work, like it alot

Last edited by a moderator:
Horscht posted on Sep 4 2004 at 06:16 PM said:
well, I guess its pretty hard to choose a Splashcreen for a monotone console. You know, a black and white splash wouldn´t look good. but if you make them colored, they´ll be to close to NES. So what we would need, is characters of games, that weren´t released on the NES (for example Wario). As for a Background, why not take A sceene of Kirby´s Dreamland 2 (you know, the landscape)? It has a special SGB Palette, so that wouldn´t look bad. But IMO the best opinon would really be the Boxshot. When lizzard posted the boxshot, i totaly could recall the feeling i first took out my GB and firing it up. And to connect felings like theese to fGB would be sweet.

If I remember there is warios woods for the NES. I guess this dosent make a difference now, oh well. Nothing better than looking for holes in peoples posts to make stupid comments. Or maybe just working for the good of the board with constructive comments...naa.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks great, but hows about replacing tetris with another well known monochrome screen just for something a bit extra....

love your splash screens mate, they always add that professional touch to the emu's ;)

well i guess i could have a go at spacing out the characters a bit more, move more of them towards the middle at the back.

only went for tetris frolik because thats what was on the original box, and a fair few people have mentioned it - and i cant think of any other way of including a reference to the game to be honest

Thanks again for that GB box shot Lizard, couldnt have done it without you there! it was a very useful guide to recreating it.
fGB32screen.jpg

Ok, slightly amended it as per Rlyehs instructions. Characters are now more evenly spaced out and Ive added Snake and Joanna Dark for old kotd here.

Hope that is an improvement :) Once again, thanks to those who contributed to this thread with ideas as I was struggling with this one.

Back