What Gaming Franchise Do You Want Them To Stop Making?

Alex. you. monster!!!! Warcraft is the BOMB...and the shiznit as well... While Starcraft could use some more attention from Blizzard, that doesn't mean you can kill Warcraft!?!?! It's like shooting your beloved Pikachu in order to train your retarded Pidgey...*dear lord..what have I become...*

Loubear posted on Apr 23 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
Alex. you. monster!!!! Warcraft is the BOMB...and the shiznit as well... While Starcraft could use some more attention from Blizzard, that doesn't mean you can kill Warcraft!?!?! It's like shooting your beloved Pikachu in order to train your retarded Pidgey...*dear lord..what have I become...*

eeeew! Your a geek!

Last edited by a moderator:
iignotus posted on Apr 22 2006 at 03:28 PM said:
*snip*

THPS, THPS3, and THAS are three of my favorite games of all time, but as long as you have the ability to play them on each system (that is to say, ports would be fine), then I don't feel that they need to make new ones every eight months. Especially in the case of Tony Hawk, just skating around is such a fun activity in the game, and it hasn't been changed fundamentally since THPS3.

Have you ever heard of the King of Fighters series? There's 11 of them. Ouch.

Not that I hate them... They're usually quite fun (but require much more skill to own in them, and 3 of them are reeeallly buggy).

skysnapper posted on Apr 19 2006 at 04:02 AM said:
Final Fantasy..

... dons hi powered flame suit.

I got your back on that one, cumpari. It's been going downhill since 7, and X-2 was the final nail in the coffin.

If Curse of Darkness is any indication of the ideas they have left, Castlevania is dead.

ANY WWII FPS or plane game.

GeminiDomino posted on May 9 2006 at 01:11 PM said:
Final Fantasy..

I got your back on that one, cumpari. It's been going downhill since 7, and X-2 was the final nail in the coffin.
If I was a mod, I'd ban you for saying that.

Goity posted on May 9 2006 at 11:50 AM said:
GeminiDomino posted on May 9 2006 at 01:11 PM said:
Final Fantasy..

If I was a mod, I'd ban you for saying that.
Its true. Sorry, but ever since the original creator left, its become a pretty boy + average gameplay games.

I hope FF:CC for Wii, and FFXIII for PS3 change that, as they both look very good. A good change from the slumping FF series.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on May 9 2006 at 06:39 PM said:
I think X is quite good.....
I think VII is quite good.....

If he means 'downhill' as in 'finally considerably different', then yeah, since VII they've been going "downhill".....

***RANT***

Sonic, plain and simple.

Unless they start making them with -

No story
No post 1994 additional characters
No interdimensional human world shit
No 'street' style graphics, animation, clothing

Sonic is meant to be set on an alien planet called mobius with some cool funky environments with mysterious rings hanging in the air.

Not NYC.

C'mon SonicTeam, Let us explore the scrap brain zone, take a wander through chemical plants background city and check out the view from the hill top zone....sigh. If only.

***RANT***

I'm with goity on this. I'm currently playing FFX, which i'm enjoying alot. FF8 was for me the best yet. Have to say, for me, the series emproved vastly on the jump to 3D. I will admit, however, that 9 sucked the big one.

Twimfy, I know what you mean, it's frustrating to know they have the facilities to do it, but what do we get? Bloody sonic riders, that's what.

Sports games, in general, should be killed.

Final Fantasy could call it quits. Hell knows, I'm too underwhelmed every time a new Final Fantasy MCCVIXVII-2 comes out... All the fanboys screaming at the top of thier lungs and hopping with glee like a little school girl.

I would be behind a Pokemon game similar to red/blue/yellow, but for an actual console and not some portable system.

Twimfy:

I LOVE Sonic to no end. I even bought Sonic Heroes for my PC. I don't care what shit Sonic Team spews out their ass, I'm going to eat it up. The pinnacle of the Sonic franchise was, and will always be, Sonic 3. I don't care if they keep making Sonic games, I'd just like it if developers realized that 2D gaming can still be done on today's platforms, and with Sonic, that's pretty much a must.

So, I don't think Sonic should be killed. He's the champion of Sega. If Sonic goes, I'm taking out Mario myself.

Ick, are you both serious?

Sonic CD is a complete and total waste. It has the speed of Sonic 1 and the level design of some kindergardener's drawing skills.

Sonic 2, while the 'hottest selling 16-bit title', still has a bunch of flaws as compared to Sonic 3. Sonic 2 had horribly designed special stages, reminiscent of what Chaotix tried to accomplish later on...

As far as I see it, Sonic 3 improved the formula on speed, bonus stages, and especially Super Sonic and Hyper Sonic (when attatched to Sonic and Knuckles, of course...) It saved your games, gave you the choice of 3 different power ups that did three different things, and had special level sets for Knuckles and Tails already built into the game. It also added a primary boss every time you finished a level. Different endings as you beat it with different characters... There's really no reason that Sonic 3 isn't the pinnacle of the franchise. You could go further and say SA:2, but I don't dig the 3D Sonic games; Sonic was meant to be in 2D as far as I'm concerned.

What would Sonic 4 have looked like? Damn, someone should make it.

Back