What Games Will People Be Trying First?

Elwing said:
Gruso said:
Elwing said:
yep, that is the peril of the pandora's delay... it's not the fact that it will get obsolet, but the fact that its comunity will disolve slowly in favor of a random other target...
Yeah, some things have sadly fallen by the wayside over the last year. But there seems to have been a bit of a bounceback in the last couple of months. It's definitely a good time to ship some Pandoras. Carn cases!

yes, but given the actual news and the overconfident (liers?) history of the pandora I don't see it ship in the next 6 months...

I'm not sure what your implying exactly, but the Pandora to me will be a fun toy when it's out.. personally I don't care if other people find a better toy or what not.. it's a small hand held Linux device. It being able to run Linux implies it will always have some support in some fashion by the Linux community. I may have to compile / hack a bit of my own software to get things working, but hey I like challenges.

I've been following this project for a long time and decided to pre-order when I saw things where close to being finished.. I'm patient.. I will get it when I get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll most definitely try Heroes of Might & Magic 2 (via fheroes2) and Warcraft II (via DOSBOX) first. From there I'll probably just try the various console emulators (PSX, N64, SNES, etc.).

Krishna willing, we'll have a stable version of panjoust out by then. 'm sure I'll have a ball with it

This will be immediately followed by a replay of the four PSX final fantasies, including tactics.

Then I will play some 'New Tetris' for N64, maybe some starcraft 64.

From there, Its a blank slate

I've downloaded almost 600 roms from various systems, so I will be primarily in shortage of time, not games.

I will play my own games :p

We are currently working on fixing network-problems on following games:
1. Tankgame http://mybot.se/tankgame.php < singleplayer working > worth downloading just for the great music.
2. KlickyFightyGame http://mybot.se/klickygame.php < got playable multiplayer now, but do not trust that the same thing happens on all clients >

I will release two other games to:
3. Tactical 3d spaceship game, ( got this idea from a battleschool game from Ender books. google "enders game" ;) )
4. RealTimeChess (youtube kungfuchess to get the idea)
yes those are also multiplayer games.

All this will be finnished in 2 months(tm).

Quake III
Keen 4 (dosbox)
Terminal Velocity (dosbox)
King Quest 5 (dosbox)
WaveRace(N64) if it works
Mario 65 (N64)
Soul Blade (psx)
Spyro 3 (psx)
Twisted Metal (psx)

I would love to play U.F.O on the odyssey2 emu if there is one at the Pandora release ,
simple game yet very challenging .Bud

TrashyMG said:
Qemu if it does work will still be limited to DOS Era games and some perhaps early Windows titles (486 like speeds).. sure you could get windows 95/98 working at best.. it's not going to be great for playing windows games since most of the processing power is taken up by emulating the x86 hardware.

Qemu - Win3.11 - SkiFree FTW!

Last edited by a moderator:
PSX:

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver
Castlevania Symphony of the night
Kingsley's Adventure

N64:

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
F-Zero

Dreamcast(?):

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver (if it's running better than the PSX version)
Rayman 2
lol, Typing of the Dead
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

SNES:

Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Super Castlevania IV

Quake III and Battle for Wesnoth are high on my list. I think Abuse could be fun. I've never played Descent, but that could be cool on the Pandora. OpenLiero and OpenTyrian also would be nice.

I guess I haven't given it much thought which games I would like to play. I'm more interested in using it as a pocket development device and creating my own games for it.

C-64

Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Autoduel
Below the Roots
Summer/Winter Games

NeoGeo

Metal Slug - Pick a number.

Mame

Pheonix
Twin Cobra

SNES

DonkeyKong Country
Zelda - Link to the Past

That should keep me busy for a bit.

i guess ill be sticking to more modern systems. snes and gb megadrive might not get a look in as thats nothing new for a handheld ive owned.
i want to be playing mame and scummvm in proper rez and some ps1 games i tottally forgot about. want to show off what this badboy can do.
cant wait to show my bro my pandora with grantrusimo 2 playing :) he put so much time into that.

if i can get lylat wars/starfox working on n64 i will be playing that :D

Back