What Games Will People Be Trying First?

It would be awesome if we could play more then one game at a time so I don't have to choose the first to be played :)

I would play firstly if available an out-of-the-box games (excluding XFCE ones) then:

Super Metroid (SNES)
Contra 3 (SNES)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)
Conke's Bad Fury Day (N64)
Rock 'N Roll Racing (SNES)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Paper Mario (N64)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Resident Evil 2 (PSX)
Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
Parasite Eve (PSX)
Excitebike 64 (N64)
Vagrant Story (PSX)

So this what comes to my mind there some are NES games to but i haven't noticed any confirmation of the emulator port.

Monuments of Mars, first and foremost. [DOSBOX]
Quake and Quake 3
Commander Keen - Goodbye Galaxy [DOSBOX]
Raptor - Call of the Shadows (if I can make it go) [DOSBOX]
Space Quest 1, 2, and Replicated [SCUMM-VM]

(Man, I wish someone was porting KEGS...)

And I've never used an Amiga, but I've also never played Another World. I feel like I should remedy both.

Snes

Black Throne
Evo Search for Eden
Mortal Kombat 2
Killer Instinct
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Super Metroid
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Rock 'N Roll Racing
Super Castlevania IV
Unirally
Weapon Lord

N64

Mortal Kombat 4
Super Mario 64
Top Gear Rally
Turok 1
Turok 2
Wave Race

PSX

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil 2
Vagrant Story

MAME

NBA Jam
Mortal Kombat 1
Mortal Kombat 2
Super Street fighter 2
Vendetta lol love the asia version :p

wiimario said:
world of padman(if it will be ported)

I believe World of Padman can work as a Quake 3 mod or stand alone.. Just like Urban Terror. I believe you just need to copy the pak files.

Last edited by a moderator:
If at some point I can afford it :p
IF it can play N64 fast enough, than...

Ocarina of Time (N64)
Body Harvest (N64)
Jet Force Gemini (N64)
SHadows of the Empire (N64)
Wayne Gretzkys 3d hockey (hahaha, man that game rocked) (N64)
Symphony of the Night (PSX)
FF7 (PSX)
FF9 (PSX)
Mega Man Legends (PSX
Zelda Minish Cap (GBA)
Mario All Stars (SNES)
Mega Man X series (SNES)
The Quake Series

Man, I want one soooo bad... haha

Esp Rade (Ardade) - favourite shooter along with Ketsui, Battle Garegga and Radiant SilverGun
Golden Axe 2 (Arcade) - four some 4 player action!
Sin & Punishment (N64) - never played...
Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast) - can't remember if I still have this not....

Xenu said:
Speccy Geek said:
Solitaire under WINE :p
Good luck getting wine to work :p

Yeah WINE requires an X86 processor to work properly, hence the name Wine Is Not a Emulator. It's just a Linux to Windows/DirectX API. The Pandora has an ARM processor so thus not going to work.

TrashyMG said:
Xenu said:
Speccy Geek said:

Yeah WINE requires an X86 processor to work properly, hence the name Wine Is Not a Emulator. It's just a Linux to Windows/DirectX API. The Pandora has an ARM processor so thus not going to work.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48726-qemuonarm/

Digimon World (PSX)
Chrono Cross (PSX)
Legend of Legaia (PSX)
Secret of Evermore (SNES)
Wild Arms (PSX)
G-Police (PSX)
Time Stalkers (DC)
El-fish (MS-DOS)
Evolution: The World of Sacred Device (DC)
Skies of Arcadia (PSX/DC)
Jet For Gemini (N64)
Phantasy Star Gaiden (GG)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Space Megaforce (SNES)
The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past (SNES)
Iron Aces (DC)
Final Fantasy 8 (PSX)
Tremulous (PC, needs a port)

And probably more to come!

fischju2000 said:
TrashyMG said:
http://www.gp32x.de...8726-qemuonarm/

However...

laurent said:
I'd need a real incentive to resume work on QEMUonARM. I have been waiting too long to get a setup that would allow me to get screen output.

I finally got one with the N900. But that's too late, I have no free time and a much better toy to play with (another more powerful SoC).

http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__798694

Who knows what will happen, but it doesn't sound promising.

Gruso said:
fischju2000 said:
TrashyMG said:
http://www.gp32x.de...8726-qemuonarm/

However...

laurent said:
I'd need a real incentive to resume work on QEMUonARM. I have been waiting too long to get a setup that would allow me to get screen output.

I finally got one with the N900. But that's too late, I have no free time and a much better toy to play with (another more powerful SoC).

http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__798694

Who knows what will happen, but it doesn't sound promising.

yep, that is the peril of the pandora's delay... it's not the fact that it will get obsolet, but the fact that its comunity will disolve slowly in favor of a random other target...

fischju2000 said:
TrashyMG said:
Xenu said:
Speccy Geek said:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48726-qemuonarm/

Qemu if it does work will still be limited to DOS Era games and some perhaps early Windows titles (486 like speeds).. sure you could get windows 95/98 working at best.. it's not going to be great for playing windows games since most of the processing power is taken up by emulating the x86 hardware.

Elwing said:
yep, that is the peril of the pandora's delay... it's not the fact that it will get obsolet, but the fact that its comunity will disolve slowly in favor of a random other target...
Yeah, some things have sadly fallen by the wayside over the last year. But there seems to have been a bit of a bounceback in the last couple of months. It's definitely a good time to ship some Pandoras. Carn cases!
TrashyMG said:
Qemu if it does work will still be limited to DOS Era games and some perhaps early Windows titles (486 like speeds).. sure you could get windows 95/98 working at best.. it's not going to be great for playing windows games since most of the processing power is taken up by emulating the x86 hardware.
Yes, but the game in question was Solitaire. :p

Gruso said:
Elwing said:
Yeah, some things have sadly fallen by the wayside over the last year. But there seems to have been a bit of a bounceback in the last couple of months. It's definitely a good time to ship some Pandoras. Carn cases!
TrashyMG said:
Yes, but the game in question was Solitaire. :p

lol indeed, seeing how most linux distros come with at least 2 versions of Solitaire.

Gruso said:
Elwing said:

yes, but given the actual news and the overconfident (liers?) history of the pandora I don't see it ship in the next 6 months...

Back