What Games 'should' Work In Dosbox

Last edited by a moderator:
gp2xs said:
WizardStan said:
It's should be pretty easy to test. I think it was mentioned that the current version of Dosbox tops out at 8000 cycles (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pulling that number from memory)
So just start Dosbox, raise (or lower) the cycles to about 8000, start your game and see how well it runs.
I think the current figure is more like 2000 cycles; this should be more as the PSP can do ~3000. There was also some talk of using the DSP for SoundBlaster emulation.

Source:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=673396

anywhere around 3K would be enough for most of the DOS games I'm planning to play on it. most of them are pre-95

now here's something I'd like to say about an optimized dosbox running on the pandora: youtube link

gp2xs said:
WizardStan said:
It's should be pretty easy to test. I think it was mentioned that the current version of Dosbox tops out at 8000 cycles (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pulling that number from memory)
So just start Dosbox, raise (or lower) the cycles to about 8000, start your game and see how well it runs.
I think the current figure is more like 2000 cycles; this should be more as the PSP can do ~3000.

2000 seems to be the highest, but nor many tests have been done to really know. The PSP uses a mips dynarec and it may be much more efficient than the ARM dynarec

Duke_Igthorne said:
Stunts -> maybe tileracer will become a good sucessor
Wow, I didn't know about tileracer. It looks real good! Too bad that it is closed cource :(. I doubt they will have time to port it to Pandora... unless we bug them a lot.

I think the current figure is more like 2000 cycles; this should be more as the PSP can do ~3000.

2000 seems to be the highest, but nor many tests have been done to really know. The PSP uses a mips dynarec and it may be much more efficient than the ARM dynarec

Doesn't the latest version of the GP2X version of Dosbox use the dynarec as well? I seem to remember reading that in the readme file.

Chris

cosurgi said:
Duke_Igthorne said:
Stunts -> maybe tileracer will become a good sucessor
Wow, I didn't know about tileracer. It looks real good! Too bad that it is closed cource :(. I doubt they will have time to port it to Pandora... unless we bug them a lot.
Stunts fans might check out Ultimate Stunts http://www.ultimatestunts.nl/

Looks open source and portable to Pandora

Ultimate Stunts doesnt look particually good.... But original Stunts, Zeliard, Death Race will run smooth and I'll be pretty happy for quite some time.. and then we'll see what's to come. AND BTW is there something Carmageddonish on the opensource front? Because PS1 Carmageddon sucked...

Back