What games should get a Kickstarter Remake

Westwood Studio. no its not a game, but it's a studio that should be brought back from under the knife of EA. and maybe they could make a sequel of Nox while theyre at it......

Westwood Studio. no its not a game, but it's a studio that should be brought back from under the knife of EA. and maybe they could make a sequel of Nox while theyre at it......
Oh Man, many a fine hour spent playing and mapping Eye of The Beholder 1 & 2 on Amiga.

Legend of Grimrock is probably the best modern equivalent, just never had time to play it.

Yes! This was a great shooter that was let down by the awful graphics. Four colours per sprite! Pastel palettes that had definite contrast issues with the parallax layers behind them - some of which were only two colours! And the shot graphics were simple one-colour (two with transparency) blobs. None of the graphics really fit together, which was a shame as the "Loading" screens promised so much more.

Add the usual copper bars for the backgrounds and you get a distinctly bland game with virtually no innovation or talent. The music was awful too, when you consider what the Amiga was really capable of.

Remake-worthy indeed - the original left so much that could be improved.

Have you seen the remake on the 360?
I was thinking more of new versions of said games not originals upscalled
It's not upscaled. It's 3D-modelled.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! This was a great shooter that was let down by the awful graphics. Four colours per sprite! Pastel palettes that had definite contrast issues with the parallax layers behind them - some of which were only two colours! And the shot graphics were simple one-colour (two with transparency) blobs. None of the graphics really fit together, which was a shame as the "Loading" screens promised so much more.

Add the usual copper bars for the backgrounds and you get a distinctly bland game with virtually no innovation or talent. The music was awful too, when you consider what the Amiga was really capable of.

Remake-worthy indeed - the original left so much that could be improved.

Have you seen the remake on the 360?
I was thinking more of new versions of said games not originals upscalled
It's not upscaled. It's 3D-modelled.

D.
Ok smartarse i meant like a remade game not remodeled or graphics filters added ie brand new levels not just half baked rehashes like rtype dimensions

If we're talking new sequels, there are lots of good suggestions in this thread. Don't see the point in remakes, when the originals still look good in my eyes.

I'll especially second Gradius (last one was Gradius V way back on PS2, IIRC), and 3D Pang! would be absolutely rocking if they did it right.

Ok smartarse i meant like a remade game not remodeled or graphics filters added ie brand new levels not just half baked rehashes like rtype dimensions
How about R-Type Leo? Or R-Type III? R-Type Delta? R-Type Command? That last one is really different.

Surely any self-respecting fan of the R-Type series would realise that it's been remade into various newer and better forms many, many times even in the recent past? You are a fan are you not?

Or just someone who has difficulty communicating without resorting to insults?

D.

How about R-Type Leo? Or R-Type III? R-Type Delta? R-Type Command? That last one is really different.

Surely any self-respecting fan of the R-Type series would realise that it's been remade into various newer and better forms many, many times even in the recent past? You are a fan are you not?

D.
The last true rtype was rtype final on the ps2 all these other remakes were not true shooters and rtype dimension was just improved graphics ive played more or less every shooter ever released and unfortunatelly minus a few newer dc games and android ports there has been nothing new and the genre is criminally overlooked (sturmwind is the one exception) ps take a look at your own attitude before critisising others

Last edited by a moderator:

D.
The last true rtype was rtype final on the ps2 all these other remakes were not true shooters and rtype dimension was just improved graphics ive played more or less every shooter ever released and unfortunatelly minus a few newer dc games and android ports there has been nothing new and the genre is criminally overlooked (sturmwind is the one exception) ps take a look at your own attitude before critisising others
So why do you need a remake of R-Type, since there's been quite a few all of which offer enhancements over the original, and all of which offer new levels and new weapons etc? Seems to me they fill your criteria, even if the rather excellent XBox 360 version does not.

PS: Your spelling and grammar could use some work.

D.

Back