What Game Am I Going To Show Off The Pandora With?

God Ginrai said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
Well, assuming we get N64 to work, that is...
N64 will work, as long as someone puts the effort into porting an emu. And trust me, an N64 emu will be ported.

N64 "works" on the PSP. It's not at acceptable speeds on the PSP, but seeing as how the Pandora has a lot more power than the PSP, we should be able to get it at very playable speeds.

The only assumption I was making is that OoT would run fullspeed. (which is an assumption that I did not state in my post, only something that I made as I was typing my post) And that's because I believe the Pandora will be able to run most N64 games near or at fullspeed. (Once a committed dev dedicates his time to optimization of an emu)

-God Ginrai

I really hope so, I get giddier than a Japanese schoolgirl just thinking about playing me some SSB on the go. :D It looks like we'll have an even more involved team for emulators than the GP2x, which is great news! Now all that needs to happen is to get Quake 3 ported and I can die happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oregon Trail?

I figure most people would be impressed with N64/PSX emulation. Show them pretty much any Final Fantasy game for the PSX and Ocarina of Time for the N64 and you should get the interest of Pandora's target gaming audience (or maybe Metal Gear Solid and Super Smash Bros.; there's plenty of options with N64/PSX). Now that you have their attention, show them perfect SNES emulation (particularly games that use special chips, like Mega Man X2/X3, Star Fox, Super Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island, etc.), DOSBOX, and Quake III. Follow through with emulation of your audience's favorite, nostalgic consoles. Top it off with USB Host and TV-Out functionality. Seal the deal with Pandora's UMPC capabilities.

This is assuming that we'll have full speed N64 emulation, of course (which may not be a possibility, at least not early on).

Many N64-games would look awesome on the pandora screen. Wave Race for example.
But maybe we shouldn't expect too much from the early versions of the emulator.

A cool PS1-game could look impressive too. Something like Colony Wars, Ridge Racer or Metal Gear Solid.

Vince2501 said:
If N64 emulation happens, Sin & Punishment.
The only bad thing is, the only English translation I know about uses the Rice Video Plugin, something that likely won't be included with our N64 emulator.

-God Ginrai

well it was released on the wii virtual console in english i believe

anybody who owns it can try extracting it - its really easy

Comeon! The obvious show-off wow-their-pants-off game for the Pandora is....

* drum roll *

DUKE NUKEM 4EVER!

pandora said:
Lol, I bet that'll really streatch the hardware :p. How the fuck did you come up with that kind of name, anyway?

Anyway, I'd show it off with a nice flashy Playstation game.
I suggested to him that his sequel should have roosters in it and be called "Invasion of the Cock Suckers"

-Just a thought ;) .

Quake 3, Sauerbraten, Dungeons (if charnold would port it), Urban Terror port (i don't know if this is possible, its a Quake 3 mod, but a big one, and i don't think any source is available :/), War§ow port

i kinda like fps's :p

Crasherball said:
well it was released on the wii virtual console in english i believe

anybody who owns it can try extracting it - its really easy
Seriously? (About the extraction part)

EDIT:
Prometheus said:
But I thought that was a launch game for the Phantom! :eek:
Nope, launch game for the XGP. I even got the pic somewhere on my HD. ;)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Seriously? (About the extraction part)
Wii Vc uses ROMs that are actually usable with standard EMUs, Go Figure.

Back