What Does The Bob Come With?

Alvin

Well, I want to get a BoB from GBAX, but I don't know if it comes with the right cables:

- PSU Cable (I have an MK1, so I need another)
- RS232 Serial Cable
- JTAG Cable
- EXT Serial Cable

Thanks.

I believe it just comes with a cable to connect the BoB to the GP2X. You have to buy the PSU, UART & JTAG cables yourself. They are readily available and cheap tho'

Squidge posted on Jul 22 2006 at 09:42 AM said:
I believe it just comes with a cable to connect the BoB to the GP2X. You have to buy the PSU, UART & JTAG cables yourself. They are readily available and cheap tho'
Oh, where do you get the cables then? As usual, GBAX is misleading and I can't find any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alvin posted on Jul 22 2006 at 04:07 AM said:
Oh, where do you get the cables then? As usual, GBAX is misleading and I can't find any.
Should be able to find some of that stuff like the psu and serial cable at a place like radio shack.

oqnet posted on Jul 22 2006 at 07:41 AM said:
Alvin posted on Jul 22 2006 at 04:07 AM said:
Should be able to find some of that stuff like the psu and serial cable at a place like radio shack.
GPH does it again.

Radio shack cables are $20 apiece, and the PSU cable is $25. Ouch! BoB with no shell is $50.

$20 + 20 + 25 + 50 = $115 of (not worth it) crap for the average user, it might be worth it for you.

I don't think you need the Jtag unless you plan on toasting the bootloader, use artaylor's USB and serial adaptor, or techfreak's new BoB. The Serial is also unnecessary because the USB will output the terminal.

If you must have serial I built an adaptor for about $6 out of a Samsung e810 cell phone data cable (lately I also made it into my USB host output, so it is very versatile).

Back