What Does The 32 Stand For?

Apeiron

I was thinking about my gp32 and I know that GP stands for Game Park but what does the 32 refer to? Normally a number at the end refers to Ram, which is 8 on the machine or the number or prodution (PSone and PS2), which it isn't because I doubt this is the 32nd handheld Gamepark has made.

Also I just curious whether Game PArk has actually Quit or whether they will try again and make a GP32 2.

It's the width of the... path, lane, something, for the processor, Bits. SNES was 16 Bits, NES was 8 Bits, Nintendo 64 was, yes, 64 Bits. However, with Commodore 64, it was the amount of RAM in Kbytes, same for C128.

Genesis/Megadrive 2 (and 3!) were just newly designed models. Same for Master System. 32X for MD refers to Bits, again.

3DO was supposed to be "3 dollars only", for the prize developers had to pay licences.

Amiga CD32 was 32 Bit, as was Amiga 1200.

Gamepark has stated that they will release the current GP32 BLU to more European countries in 2005. I would take this as meaning no GP32 II for quite awhile, so forget about that. It looks like they will be sticking with the current one for awhile.

Well, Lets just hope they Don`t change too many bits along the way. :rolleyes:
I think the screen is enough for now, If you know what i mean. ;)

Trooper

Jarska333 posted on Dec 27 2004 at 08:21 PM said:
Heh, all they need to do is to write a 100% GP32 emulator for the vastly more powerful GP64... For backward compatibility.
Why the hell writing a GP32 emu for GP64 since it would be slow?! :rolleyes:
Gamepark just has to do a powerful GP64, backward compatible with the GP32 (simply a powerful ARM9 with at least 64 Mo of RAM). ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
128 ram or higher I think they need to catch up *starts to drool at the thought*

It shoud have an smc slot and a better memory card format for the new games

well it's definitely over 400mhz cpu and 64mb ram, cos it's better than existing handheld consoles

What's all this talk of 64 or 128 MB of RAM? The Nintendo DS gets along fine with just 4 MB, and even the PSP has only 32 MB.

Apeiron posted on Dec 27 2004 at 09:27 PM said:
128 ram or higher I think they need to catch up *starts to drool at the thought*

It shoud have an smc slot and a better memory card format for the new games

Ditch the SMC slot and have a CF slot instead..one that will support flash cards and mini HDs, or failing that an SD slot.

FabreNZ posted on Dec 27 2004 at 11:18 PM said:
What's all this talk of 64 or 128 MB of RAM? The Nintendo DS gets along fine with just 4 MB, and even the PSP has only 32 MB.

They are a different kettle of fish. They are/were not designed first and formost with emulation in mind, But have or will have a extremely large catalogue of commercial games. That can not be said about the GP32 or the Zodiac. Btw, The Zodiac 2 has 128mb of ram. ;)

Trooper

Kinda difting off to cool ideas and wishes topic.

It need 2 more buttons and maybe a d pad as well (ala Gamecube)

Any electricains here, make a gp prototype and sell the idea to game park...j/k

Hando already knows the specs, he told us in another thread a while ago.

He also said that he promiced gamepark he'd never tell anyone, so i wouldnt bug him for it.

how dare you accusre the great Hando of lying.

May he smiteth you with his great gp32 of wrath!

Back