What Does Seem To You?...

trypsp

Still Fresh
What does seem to you?

Leds on Pandora?

800pxfluffy16yt0.jpg

pandora2dv1.jpg

Bye!

That seems cool, but i think that would get annoying over time. If you're looking at the screen and you have these blue leds below it it will be distracting and, in some cases, kind of blinding. cool to look at at first, but i dont know about prolonged use.

I hate bling. I also hate blue LEDs, lots. They wash out my vision. Besides, those surfaces are reflective, why not stick with a light show that changes with what you're doing? ;)

magicman5421 said:
That seems cool, but i think that would get annoying over time. If you're looking at the screen and you have these blue leds below it it will be distracting and, in some cases, kind of blinding. cool to look at at first, but i dont know about prolonged use.

But, this could have a button to turn off or on. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like lighted keyboards - but I think the Pandora is small enough that the Screen would illuminate the keyboard enough to see without LCDs.

chad78 said:
I do like lighted keyboards - but I think the Pandora is small enough that the Screen would illuminate the keyboard enough to see without LCDs.
on this topic though...
backlit keyboard?
:)

cherrycyanide said:
It looks cool. But it makes the console too LOUD.

Sorry, but that is impossible. Someone asked if you could swap out the plastic discs underneath the joysticks, and one of the devs said that it is made of metal, and is not removable, as it is an integral part of the joystick design.

palmertech said:
cherrycyanide said:
It looks cool. But it makes the console too LOUD.

Sorry, but that is impossible. Someone asked if you could swap out the plastic discs underneath the joysticks, and one of the devs said that it is made of metal, and is not removable, as it is an integral part of the joystick design.

Right, onto the (old) Analog-Pad Videos you see, that the Discs (the slide Area of the Pads) are made out of Metal and a fix part of the Analog-Pad Base.

On the subject of a backlit keyboard... I understand what you guys are saying but lets say I'm playing in the dark with the screen swiveled out the full 180 degrees? The bright light coming straight at my eyes and never bouncing off the keyboard would make it even harder to see the keyboard. I'm not asking for anything fancy but maybe just making the keyboard symbols see through with a simple LED behind it like a cellphone.

Yes I do relize that it will most likly cost more and its most likly too late in the dev cycle. Also I did misue the term "Simple LED". Yes it is much more complicated than that but I was trying to get across the point that is not some kinda of complicated web of fiber optics (or maybe it is, what do I know about backlit keyboard design :p ) Anyways just saying were I could see there being a problem. Besides this and my waiting fear that with the analog volume wheel theirs no way I'm going to be able to throw this bad boy in my pocket and listen to music on the go with my volume turning into a wave of ups and downs (still worrying about this :/ ) I reallyhave no gripes with this console at all (which says a lot considering that these are such small issues)

Soulkiller said:
On the subject of a backlit keyboard... I understand what you guys are saying but lets say I'm playing in the dark with the screen swiveled out the full 180 degrees? The bright light coming straight at my eyes and never bouncing off the keyboard would make it even harder to see the keyboard. I'm not asking for anything fancy but maybe just making the keyboard symbols see through with a simple LED behind it like a cellphone.
Why would you be playing a keyboard-intensive game with the screen stratched out all the way? Sounds pretty uncomfotable to me!

Pleng said:
Soulkiller said:
Why would you be playing a keyboard-intensive game with the screen stratched out all the way? Sounds pretty uncomfotable to me!

Not to mention playing a keyboard intensive game in the dark....

Pleng said:
Isn't that the way you'd use any handheld? Just look at the DS, or even the N810... I was kind of wondering why all the renders (and videos, too) show the pandora only half open....

Back