What do I do to get a spare LCD cable shipped to Potsdam, DE in reasonable time?

Hoodoo

What should I do to get a goddamn spare LCD cable? What sort of tricks should I play?

I've asked questions about shipping to Moscow, they haven't been answered.

I asked for community's help, there was one person who did agree to help me, but I didn't want to burden that nice guy.

I've found an address in Germany to route my order to, and I've ordered 5 spare LCD cables. It was more than month ago. Still no news of any kind.

Ok, today I've ordered two more just in case and picked a faster shipment method.

I wonder who do I have to bugger, bribe, fuck or kill to get at least one cable to fix my device in reasonable time, like this year maybe?

Oct 25, 2011 00:14:06 GMT+04:00 | PayPal Transaction ID: 87Y80458NB235761M

Sep 20 Google Checkout receipt 169784827311000

PM to ED Nov 14

PM to ED Sep 24

Cables ordered 7

Cables delivered 0

Orders paid 2

Orders shipped 1

Orders delivered 0 (mind you, it's Germany, not Russia)

Parcels I know anything about 0

Yay! It's great! I think I should stop nagging and just go and fuck myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2011 00:14:06 GMT+04:00 | Transaction ID: 87Y80458NB235761M

Sep 20 Google Checkout receipt 169784827311000

PM to ED Nov 14

PM to ED Sep 24

Cables ordered 7

Cables delivered 0

Orders paid 2

Orders shipped 1

Orders delivered 0 (mind you, it's Germany, not Russia)

Parcels I know anything about 0

Yay! It's great! I think I should stop nagging and just go and fuck myself.

Well, you sent me an eMail and told me I don't need to send the LCD Cables to your German address anymore, as they have already been shipped by OPT Ltd.

So that's a cancelled order, unless you sent me another mail I've not read yet and told me to ship them out as the others didn't arrive.

True, I reported that the cables ordered Sept 24 have been shipped Oct 02 so that I didn't get more of these than I've paid for.

True, I reported that the cables ordered Sept 24 have been shipped Oct 02 so that I didn't get more of these than I've paid for.

So it's no wonder I didn't ship them ;)

Send me another mail (to shop@gp2x.de), letting me know the amount of cables you need and where I should deliver them.

Thanks.

Hmm. Maybe. The emails I've sent Sept 7 and Sept 20 have never been answered.

As far as I know my mail server is not in blacklists and my emails normally don't hit spam filters. Gmail didn't work either.

Hmm. Maybe. The emails I've sent Sept 7 and Sept 20 have never been answered.

As far as I know my mail server is not in blacklists and my emails normally don't hit spam filters. Gmail didn't work either.

Where did you send them to?

I know I got a huge backlog, but I passed October 17th yesterday for most of the mails.

Headers:

Code:
Message-ID: <4E67A7BE.6010302@cloudcabin.org>

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:19:58 +0400

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110816 Thunderbird/6.0

MIME-Version: 1.0

To: shop@gp2x.de

Subject: Hoodoo at Pandora Boards - spare cables

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Code:
Message-ID: <4E78C554.8030303@cloudcabin.org>

Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 20:54:44 +0400

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110816 Thunderbird/6.0

Subject: Cables ordered and payed, please do ship.

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="------------040509060705020203080904"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Code:
Received: from 77.108.116.99

(SquirrelMail authenticated user *******)

by ****cloudcabin.org with HTTP;

Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:14:56 +0300 (MSK)

Message-ID: <ace952c320b664edb3b1c517a31a7e6a.squirrel@****cloudcabin.org>

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:14:56 +0300 (MSK)

Subject: Hoodoo@forums - the cables

User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.15

Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

X-Priority: 3 (Normal)

Importance: Normal

Should I post relevant parts of postfix logs?

And just for the record, I've also asked a question regarding order #169784827311000 Oct 11 via google checkout, sent Craig a PM here Sept 24 and asked a polite question about estimated delivery terms in general in September, the thread has been 'hidden' around Oct 15.

Haven't seen such sort of attitude even from Chineese shops. Like I do not fucking exist at all and surely did not make any orders whatsoever. Yes, Craig might be busy and he might have email backlog and all, but questions about icontrolpad are being answered. Seems like anything that has a word 'pandora' in it goes right to trash.

Well, the first two messages were sent BEFORE you told me I don't need to send them anymore... I just catched up with those mails end of last week, so I ignored them as I remembered I shouldn't send them.

And the one from Tuesday was today and I shipped the cables already.

So... that should answer the question why I didn't send anything ;)

Hey did you really ship them? Can I have a tracking ID somehow? I need to track them as they hit the customs in Russia - strangest things can happen as a parcel travels from border to the addressee.

//Maybe I should draw a timeline to explain this whole story, but for me it lasts since August and involves a lot of ordering stuff and trying to contact the sellers this way and that.

Anyway thanks a lot!

For the record, today's two months © since I placed my first order and something like six weeks since I placed the second one. I think I should celebrate, like buy a bottle of sherry, light some candles...

Of course my requests are ignored due to huge email backlog, I understand. :)

//This one is not addressed to ED.

Hey did you really ship them? Can I have a tracking ID somehow? I need to track them as they hit the customs in Russia - strangest things can happen as a parcel travels from border to the addressee.

//Maybe I should draw a timeline to explain this whole story, but for me it lasts since August and involves a lot of ordering stuff and trying to contact the sellers this way and that.

Anyway thanks a lot!

I'll send you the tracking later, however, knowing registered mail via Deutsche Post, they usually only track up to the border :/

Thanks for the tracking number ED!

According to Russian Mail tracker, it's already at my local mail, just need to pick it up, and that was fast, just 20 days.

But still no information about these I've ordered from Britain. I wish Pandora spare parts were on display in the German shop, I would just buy them there and that would be much less of a hassle.

But still no information about these I've ordered from Britain. I wish Pandora spare parts were on display in the German shop, I would just buy them there and that would be much less of a hassle.

They will be once I got everything organized here.

Achievement unlocked: Pandora Repairman (Replaced the LCD cable without rendering the MID unusable).

Seems like I didn't break anything in there. The only thing I didn't manage do do was inserting hinge back properly, maybe it got jammed or something, but I was afraid of cracking the case so I didn't apply too much force. So my microphone would probably work like shit so far, but I wasn't going to use it anyway. When the parts are sold from Openpandora GmbH, I'll just buy a spare case maybe.

Sent the price of 2 cables and shipping cost (if I read the information on the envelope correct) to OP GmbH as a donation to file archive website.

Back